Removing Fisheye Distortion With Prodrenalin

Reaction score
Any of you video buffs out there who use prodrenalin to get rid of fisheye distortion on the horizon, can you tell me which camera setting you use from the dropdown list as the DJI camera on the 2 vision is not listed so want something which isn't too aggressive but takes some of the horizon distortion away ?

I use pro director 11 but cant seem to find a way of doing it in PD so have downloaded a trial of prodrenalin to remove the fisheye, then import the video back into PD

Cheers folks

pyrophantom said:
Any of you video buffs out there who use prodrenalin to get rid of fisheye distortion on the horizon, can you tell me which camera setting you use from the dropdown list as the DJI camera on the 2 vision is not listed so want something which isn't too aggressive but takes some of the horizon distortion away ?

I use pro director 11 but cant seem to find a way of doing it in PD so have downloaded a trial of prodrenalin to remove the fisheye, then import the video back into PD

Cheers folks

dji phantom vision fc200 scroll down the list its there toward bottom works well

Attachments

• IMG_0468.JPG
    IMG_0468.JPG
    369.8 KB · Views: 850
Maybe you need an update, I do have the phantom vision lens profile.
Before the update I used the gopro 3 black or something like that profile.
It was accapteble...

I heard this before, I think you need to completely reinstall the program.
So delete it and install it again.
Be sure(if you have) to keep the serial for the 2nd installation.

Yes, so uninstall it and download the trial version of prodrenalin.
Here you will see the lens profile, and then you can buy it or fill in your serial nr...

Ah I have literally just downloaded the trial to try the fisheye removal but it looks pretty impressive to clean up vids before importing into PD. Presume the update will apply when I buy the prody

Tried the DJI fc2000 but didn't like it, thought the gopro 3 1080 medium was a better profile

Open your video in PD then move the marker at bottom through the video. When you get to a large fisheye horizon stop and apply the different filters till you find one that flattens it to your liking. Then use that profile to "stabilize" the video.

I didn't think the FC200 profile did as good a job as some of the GOPRO's.

I've created my own profiles for the 3 FC200 FOV settings but I don't think I can attach files in this forum.

I've finally gotten around to playing with ProDrenalin as well as DNG files. I love the fact that the filters eliminate the fisheye effect, but it does seem to do so at the expense of making some things in the video a bit wider than they would normally appear. I notice this more often if there is a building in the shot...

-slinger

gunslinger said:
I've finally gotten around to playing with ProDrenalin as well as DNG files. I love the fact that the filters eliminate the fisheye effect, but it does seem to do so at the expense of making some things in the video a bit wider than they would normally appear. I notice this more often if there is a building in the shot...

-slinger

Yes it does, but if you try a few different settings (I ended up using gopro 3 medium) you can get a setting which is acceptable. Ive noticed that most of the distortion on the horizon is if you are centered on something else. If the horizon is lower in your frame, the less the distortion. To camera people that will probably be obvious but to non camera people like me it was a lesson learned,

pyrophantom said:
gunslinger said:

-slinger

Yes it does, but if you try a few different settings (I ended up using gopro 3 medium) you can get a setting which is acceptable. Ive noticed that most of the distortion on the horizon is if you are centered on something else. If the horizon is lower in your frame, the less the distortion. To camera people that will probably be obvious but to non camera people like me it was a lesson learned,

Cool. Thanks for the advice... :D

-slinger

Has anyone tried "Raw Therapee" for their DNG files? It's free and it's doing the job for me quite nicely...

-slinger

AnselA said:
gunslinger said:
Has anyone tried "Raw Therapee" for their DNG files? It's free and it's doing the job for me quite nicely...

-slinger

Does it work for videos?

I'm not sure. :oops: I don't think so, though. I'm using it only to open up DNG files and save them as either PNG or JPG with minimal compression...

-slinger

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31