remover cover - RESOLVED (user error :/ )

Reaction score
feel like abit of an idiot asking.. I have watched heaps of youtube videos and its 3:45am and I am getting annoyed :p

How do you remove the little screws on the very end with the cross head/philips ? I have tried like 10 diff screw drivers including small ones for watches/phones... The screws seem pretty stuck.

i have remove the 2 screws on each arm down by the motors and the screw in the middle with the 2mm hex too and removed the stickers... All that remains are the screws at the very end.. I need a philips screw driver.. Hopefully I have not damaged them trying so many times :(

thanks folks

Re: remover cover

Precision tool, proper alignment, firm force, and the most important... luck!

What is the precision tool? I just read in another thread to put the 2mm hex screws back in.. and undo the end ones first to release the pressure.. going to try that.

standby!

Not likely. They used thread lock... that's the 'rub' not the plastic shell.

I had the same problem in the end a small cross head was the answer. The screws as fitted are not very strong. Be sure to purchase better quality ones when you screw the cover back.

nope no luck.... i'm going to go to the local hardware store and see if they can assist.... reallly annoyed!!
I have one that fits.. its like a really small one for watches/phones... it fits but wont turn the bastard.

Do I purchase stronger screws from hardware store ?

Those tiny philips end screws are made of crap metal and are very soft. It's easy to strip the cross head -- so make sure you have a small enough screw driver that fits it really well and, like N017RW said, use a firm force against it and turn slowly so you can notice if the screw driver is slipping out. I don't know why DJI didn't use a similar screw as the motor mounts. After you get the end screws out, don't put them back in as tight.

What happens if I was to strip one ?? would I need to remove the cover slighty and chop it off with dremel or something???
this is going to end in tears lol !! :/

hmm no room for even dremel to go in....
hopefully mr hardware store man can assist :)
4.30am.. can't sleep :(

You probably have to drill the head off and pull the cover off. Then back the threaded stem out with pliers. I just took mine off and used a jewelers philips head that had a size designation "PH.0" etched on it -- which I assume might mean Philips Head size Zero. The problem with the end screws is the head cross is way too small and shallow. It's important to test fit and find a philips head driver that fits perfectly with no looseness.

cool thanks for the info everyone :)
Just annoyed theres so many youtube vids and people just take the cover off.. obviously they have done it before so its all loose.. but yeah..
Been googling hardware stores.. there are afew near by with good reviews... helpfulness etc...
I'm 31 and this is the type of thing I have to ask my dad for help for lol :(

Remove the end Phillips screws first, as the tension from all the others prevents binding. Also put them back in last.

Having a proper fitting screw driver and lots of downward pressure is also a requirement to prevent stripping them.

I use the PH00 philips screw driver for the end screw. It can get down to the bottom of the screw head nicely. I also use a 5/64 allen hex wrench instead of the 2mm hex wrench. It fits a little tighter and does a better job.

Attachments

• Screw driver.jpg
    Screw driver.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 316

I had the same problem with those pia screws. Take a dremel with a skinny cut off wheel and carefully make a slot on the head. Then you can use a - screwdriver. I'm not sure what kind of screw they use? The threads don't look standard or metric, so back in they go. DJI could have included spares! :roll:

Had an electrician onsite and borrowed one of his. worked perfectly.
Like you guys said, just took the exact size one.

Thanks all :)

How do I lock a thread ? Normaly its in the OP options but can't see anything ?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic