Remove height limit

Reaction score
Hi all,

So I bought my dad a Vision 2+ for Chrissy but are having a few issues with it. Firstly it is reaching around 120m and saying that the height limit has been reached. I have downloaded the 'Assistant' program and manually changed the maximum height to 1000m however I am still getting the message. I have checked we are not in a special area for aircraft as well so I don't know what could be causing this.

When I enter in the height limit into the Assistant program, my Phantom is plugged into the computer and turned on. Is there some sort of 'send' button I need to press for the new information to be loaded onto the device?

Thanks,

Jacob

JollyRoger01 said:
Hi all,

So I bought my dad a Vision 2+ for Chrissy but are having a few issues with it. Firstly it is reaching around 120m and saying that the height limit has been reached. I have downloaded the 'Assistant' program and manually changed the maximum height to 1000m however I am still getting the message. I have checked we are not in a special area for aircraft as well so I don't know what could be causing this.

When I enter in the height limit into the Assistant program, my Phantom is plugged into the computer and turned on. Is there some sort of 'send' button I need to press for the new information to be loaded onto the device?

Thanks,

Jacob
Welcome to the forum
120M is 400 ft, but the 400 ft limit is only advisory in the US, so I don't think there is a hard-coded limit. Are you near an airport? The airport restrictions may be kicking in.

400 feet is plenty to play with if you are new to the Phantom.
The biggest cause of crashes/lost phantoms is getting too adventurous too early.
It only takes 5 minutes to learn to fly but it takes a lot longer to learn all you need to know to avoid the potential problems.

JollyRoger01 said:
Hi all,

Thanks,

Jacob

There is this limit if you do NOT have full 6 satellite or more lock.

Yep, just figured that when I went to fly it. Unfortunately it went out of range and did a fly away, hitting the nose a full speed according to a witness. Now it's buggered... Is this a common problem?

JollyRoger01 said:
Yep, just figured that when I went to fly it. Unfortunately it went out of range and did a fly away, hitting the nose a full speed according to a witness. Now it's buggered... Is this a common problem?
Is it common for beginners to fly away without knowing what they are taking on?
Unfortunately yes.

Maybe a bit late now but whilst you get it repaired, read the manual several times, read the threads on this forum and watch some user videos.

Really, as a new phantom flyer, I made sure I did as much research as possible. Here is a classic example of why we will see regulations regarding drones. I'm just glad no one got hurt when that thing hit the ground at 30 mph. There is no excuse for no fully understanding the phantom before you fly it. Why would you be worried about removing height restrictions right out of the box?

Sounds like me.

Day 1: Open Box
Day 2: Slam drone into tree at full speed
Day 3: Spend $800 on a new camera
Day 4: Read manual

Sigh...

Fortunately I joined this forum before I got my Phantom and read stories like this one. A month of reading and first several flights were set to 100 up and 100 out with no gimbal and camera.

400 feet is plenty to play with if you are new to the Phantom.
The biggest cause of crashes/lost phantoms is getting too adventurous too early.
It only takes 5 minutes to learn to fly but it takes a lot longer to learn all you need to know to avoid the potential problems.
you are right. however u are leaving out the advanced hobbyists/Pro/amature league that have flown hundreds of hours. WHAT ABOUT US! although i agree 400 ft is plenty. however advanced users or people in proper areas should at least be able to fly 600 FT. for cinegraphic purposes. hell our phantom 3s have a 3x digital zoom that has been disabled by FAA.

you are right. however u are leaving out the advanced hobbyists/Pro/amature league that have flown hundreds of hours. WHAT ABOUT US! although i agree 400 ft is plenty. however advanced users or people in proper areas should at least be able to fly 600 FT. for cinegraphic purposes.
Advanced flyers that have flown hundreds of hours would be aware that the Phantom 3 can reach 500 metres above home point. So what's your point?
hell our phantom 3s have a 3x digital zoom that has been disabled by FAA.
This is pure bunkum.
1. The P3 doesn't have 3x digital zoom
The P3 is sold in a lot of countries where the FAA has zero jurisdiction and there's still no digital zoom
2. Even if it did, the FAA wouldn't care enough to do anything about it.

Learn all you can about the satellite's and getting home lock. Failsafe is your friend as is the radar functions.. read Andersen and a year from now you will be glad you did and your still flying the same quad. Both of mine are over 2r-26 months old and still routing good. Have I crashed.. certainly due to pilot error. But normally you'll have good flight and a lot of fun.

i have done some research. when the P3 was first advertised it did say it had a 3x optical zoom. now with more digging around . the firmware and the CMOS cameras on the phantom3(s) standard advance and pro are digital zoom capable and was initially going to be a feature of the aerial cameras/whty its not is up for debate? but what the heck is "bunkum."?
Advanced flyers that have flown hundreds of hours would be aware that the Phantom 3 can reach 500 metres above home point. So what's your point?

This is pure bunkum.
1. The P3 doesn't have 3x digital zoom NO Kidding!
The P3 is sold in a lot of countries where the FAA has zero jurisdiction and there's still no digital zoom OK
2. Even if it did, the FAA wouldn't care enough to do anything about it.

i have done some research. when the P3 was first advertised it did say it had a 3x optical zoom. now with more digging around . the firmware and the CMOS cameras on the phantom3(s) standard advance and pro are digital zoom capable and was initially going to be a feature of the aerial cameras/whty its not is up for debate? but what the heck is "bunkum."?

No ... the P3 has NEVER been advertised as having 3x optical zoom.
DJI have NEVER said this .. and the reason is that zoom has never been part of the P3 package, planned or delivered.
I'd be very interested to see where you dug this up.
It wasn't DJI.

As for your suggestion re digital zoom ... If DJI did incorporate that feature, it would be useless.
Digital zoom is complete rubbish. It looks fuzzy because it's just enlarging a portion of the image beyond the resolution of the original.

Sorry to pop your bubble. It has never been advertised , manufactured or even sold that way. What you see is What you get and that's not bunkum!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20