"Remove Before Flight"

Reaction score
Hey guys, I got my Phantom 4 about 1 week ago. It's flown great. Camera/gimbal have operated as expected.

Today I just noticed a grey piece of foam rubber right above the gimbal with a little red sticker on it that says "Remove Before Flight" with a caution logo. I've been flying with this thing all on all along without issue.

What does this piece of foam rubber protect? I'll remove it before my next flight but should it be replaced after each flight is done? (ie should I put it back on when I put the gimbal lock/lense cap back on)?

It holds the gimbal in place so it doesn't move around while the Phantom is being shipped. You should remove it and use the gimbal lock to keep the gimbal in place when transporting your Phantom.

Hey guys, I got my Phantom 4 about 1 week ago. It's flown great. Camera/gimbal have operated as expected.

Today I just noticed a grey piece of foam rubber right above the gimbal with a little red sticker on it that says "Remove Before Flight" with a caution logo. I've been flying with this thing all on all along without issue.

What does this piece of foam rubber protect? I'll remove it before my next flight but should it be replaced after each flight is done? (ie should I put it back on when I put the gimbal lock/lense cap back on)?

Keeping that piece on during flights risks motors over heating. Remove them before use. You can plug it back after flights during transportation if you don't have the gimbal lock.

Surprised you never got a Gimbal Overload error, with that bit still in place. Good thing you found it, before irreparable damage may have occurred.

RedHotPoker

That's like the remove before flight flags they usually attached to the landing gear when parking an airplane : you have to remove it before flying ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31