Remote only... (Can I...)

Reaction score
Hello, I'm new to register and this is my first post but I have been reading the forums for a few weeks now. I have one question (for now, first of many I'm sure) I haven't been able to find an answer for yet.

I purchased a P3A from a secondary buyer. It was new and only taken out of the box for verification. However, the packaging was beyond dismal and the box came dented in about three inches. I new it would be bad before I opened it. It was bad. Gimbal was messed up and the lens was cracked (shock actually took the guard off). The company was extremely understanding and helpful and are sending out an entirely new P3A at no charge and is allowing me to keep the first one as is because I'm a dedicated customer. I'm super excited about that as long as the new one is sent well-packaged.

What I'd like to know though is is:

Can I just use the remote and the app to use the simulation to get used to using it or do I actually have to fire up the drone and register it and sync it up to use the remote and app?

I'd like to be able to power up just the remote, download the app and be able to practice in simulation. Is this possible?

@@

You have to connect the drone to use the simulator.

Thank you for the reply. Ok, I could do that... But then what about after that? Do you have to use the drone again to use the simulator or can you just connect it one time and then that's it?

Sorry, still learning. Very early stages. ;)

Unfortunately you have to have it on whenever you want to use simulator.

Ok, thanks. I was hoping that wasn't the case... but I'll make due.

Does the drone just power on for simulation or do the motors actually fire up as well? Basically just want to know if it's noisy while using the simulator so I can practice late at night after work?

Thanks again.

Ok, thanks. I was hoping that wasn't the case... but I'll make due.

Does the drone just power on for simulation or do the motors actually fire up as well? Basically just want to know if it's noisy while using the simulator so I can practice late at night after work?

Thanks again.
Welcome to the forum.

It needs to be connected to the AC (aircraft) as noted earlier because some of your personal settings are stored in the AC and you want the sim to act as closely as it can to real life. Just to manage expectations however, the sim is very basic. Don't expect some awesome gaming experience!

The motors don't power up, but take off your props anyway. I think I recall it even reminds you to take off the props. It's quiet, but the app does have a voice that shouts out things from time to time, so adjust your volume accordingly.

If you are going to use the simulator for extended time, be sure to have a fan blowing across the gimbal, they have been reported to overheat while sitting on the table while running the simulator.

Thank you everybody, very helpful information!

This new Phantom world is very exciting, and a little intimidating. ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.