Remote Control Use w/GoPro Hero3+ Black & Phantom 2

Reaction score
Is it safe to use the GoPro Black remote to start and stop the camera? Just wondering if there have been any reports of interference with flight control systems with the Phantom 2. Sure wish the GoPro could be started and stopped by our RC radios.

James H said:
Is it safe to use the GoPro Black remote to start and stop the camera? Just wondering if there have been any reports of interference with flight control systems with the Phantom 2. Sure wish the GoPro could be started and stopped by our RC radios.

Nope, you definitely don't want the GoPro wifi on (and especially paired to a wifi remote) during operation.

I accidentally had my go pro on wifi one time took off and within seconds the P2 would not respond to my controller. It went into fail safe and crashed into some brush. I wouldn't recommend flying with the go pro wifi on because the quad runs on the same 2.4 ghz. Doing so may cause loss of communication with the P2 initiating fail safe and if the P2 auto pilot does not have a clear path back home it will crash because you most likely will not be able to regain control.

madsonp said:
Used mine a number of times with no problems at all. Heard of many others using theirs also with no issues either.

Basic fundamentals of RF say your days are numbered: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=18522

P.S. Where are the stickies? Seems we are getting a steady flow of the same basic questions.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.