Remote control status light blinking red, beeping

Reaction score
When I turn on the remote control for my P3, the status light on the controller blinks red continually and beeps about twice/second. It is fully charged and had no problems the last time I flew. Any idea what causes this symptom and how I can fix it?

rc-status.png

Reactions: Sean808080
Yes, I've read the manual, but nothing in that chart describes my situation. In this case, the battery is fully charged (to make sure, even after the 4 white lights are all lit when I press the on button once, I charged it for several hours and the 4 white lights were off), and the red status light blinks fast and sound the alarm beep -- as though it were low on battery.

No, there is no micro SD card in the controller, is there? The one in the drone has updated completely according to the Pilot app.

Yes, but the app still says an update is needed, and that it is already downloaded. Each attempt to install the update fails. This didn't happen the first time I installed the update, just subsequent times. It's as though the whole thing needs a reboot somehow.

Also, if I manipulate the control stick while it's flashing and beeping, it stops.

When I turn on the Pilot app, it tells me that an update is required. I expand that menu and it says an upgrade is required for the RC, and that it's already downloaded. I press "install" (or whatever the choice is) and it fails, telling me the current firmware is the same as the one on the update card (1.3.2). Other times it has asked for an aircraft update with similar results. Something's screwy with the RC or the Pilot app's assessment of when upgrades are needed.

**** I would format SD and start over. Aircraft then RC maybe you have a corrupt file or something and this will iron it out (hopefully)

Try this
turn on remote, Dji Go app, and turn on phantom 3.
in the Dji Go app. go to RC settings
select the remote icon, and the do the RC Calibration.
make sure your move the sticks to all movements, and the gimbal wheel.

see if this works for your problem

It actually called for RC calibration the last time (a few minutes ago) that I turned it on. I did the calibration, and now, after shutting it all down, then back up, the flashing and beeping have stopped. It still told me that a firmware update was needed, but after a minute or so, it decided that the latest firmware is installed. Go figure. Hopefully this behavior will stop now. Thanks for all your help!

Mine still does it off and on for no reason, must be a firmware error

I go in to do the calibration but it never says finished? (after 10 times it should have been complete)

Don't forget to roll the camera wheel as far one way and all the way the other way. That's part of the calibration and the finish won't work till you include that in the calibration.

Hi,
The beeping red light issue on the controller happen to me.
I pressed the return to home button on the controller and it stopped.
I did a RC calibration and the problem so far was fixed.
I have read a lot of people having controller problem issues, but I would not take apart the controller if it is still under warranty, send it back to DJI.
Sincerely,
William E. Burrows Jr.

I have the RED led on (no beeping or alarm) but it won't connect to my Phantom 3. I tried RC calibrate but it won't run the app. It gets to "Start" but when I press it , it goes back to the 'Warning : Move all sticks back to center before hitting Start" It loops back to this every time I hit Start.

Steve Hange, A solid red light means the remote controller is disconnected from your Phantom. Was this happening right out of the box or is it something new that started happening after a recent incident -- like a failed firmware install attempt?

Hello All,
I just bought a supposedly new P3 Advanced from a seller from ebay and I have had several Phantoms from 1 to P2+
my controller keeps beeping right out the box and it appears it's not linking to the drone. Is there a fix for this. I tried calibrating and updating to latest firmware the drone was successful but the remote failed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik