Remote Control Slider?

Reaction score
I received my Phantom Vision today and did all the set up items and flew great for a few minutes I tried it. I have the original Phantom also, so know pretty much how they fly. I was setting mine up however, and saw a drawing of the remote control and it showed a slider on the bottom side of the remote control which mine doesn't have (see photo showing it on some documentation from DJI site).
Does anyone else that this slider? I ordered a gimbal attachment as from one of the other forum posts also and should receive it in a couple of weeks, but it also showed to have the slider on the remote control for a 7th channel for controlling the yaw. Does anyone else have the slider on their controllers or did I get a model that is older or new without the slider?

Anyone?

Attachments

• Controller.jpg
    Controller.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 591
That "slider" didn't come with the PVs for some reason...maybe DJI was holding out for future release. My understanding is that it can control the tilt on the gimbal...allowing you to tilt the gimbal without having to let go of the TX and use the smartphone/app to do it. The only way I know about this is the the dronexpert gimbal I ordered is coming with this piece and functionality. I'm not sure if it would work with the stock DJI gimbal, but I'm guessing why not. I'm sure some of the other folks here can add to this response.

Thanks,
I also ordered the gimbel and wasn't sure if the gimbel had that or should have been already on the remote control. Wondering how the slider mounts on the remote since it is supposed to be plug and play. Thanks for confirming however.

Sorry I don't have the direct link but I saw a video the other day showing how to mount the slider as an add on. I will see if I can find it again.

There's another thread on this issue. We know that the slider does not currently work with the stock P2V even though capability exists in RC. We also know that the Dronexpert Gimbal claims to work with the slider and suspect the slider is included with the gimbal. I, among others, are awaiting delivery of this gimbal and then we'll know how they've configured the slider to work. Should be another week or so.

I'm curious if you're also referring to the Dronexpert Gimbal of if there's another third party gimbal that claims to use the slider functionality.

Hello can anyone that already have the brushless gimball for vision phantom post the install video?

Thanks

mem_ny said:
There's another thread on this issue. We know that the slider does not currently work with the stock P2V even though capability exists in RC. We also know that the Dronexpert Gimbal claims to work with the slider and suspect the slider is included with the gimbal. I, among others, are awaiting delivery of this gimbal and then we'll know how they've configured the slider to work. Should be another week or so.

I'm curious if you're also referring to the Dronexpert Gimbal of if there's another third party gimbal that claims to use the slider functionality.

I was referring to the Dronexpert Gimbal. I ordered mine this past Monday, 1/13/14 and received an email from them verifying the order, but haven't seen anything yet on a delivery tracking or anything as of yet. Supposing it is in delivery but would be great to get a confirmation but since it is from overseas, that may not be practical, however it is FedEx I believe.

Doesn't work out of the box in the Vision. Switch yours on, insert the DJI-supplied 7th Channel Operating Device (the screwdriver) into the hole above the pot. Twist. Watch your camera do nothing.

The channel is active, you can see it do something in the Assistant, but it's not connected to the mechanism for tilting the camera in the stock Vision - the app does that. What we need to know is how dronexpert.nl have managed to maintain both app control and 7th channel. It's either a trick in the Vision Assistant software, a trick with the cabling in the aircraft, or both!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20