Remote Control battery: OK to keep it at full charge?

Reaction score
Thought I'd toss this one out there as I can't find a post on it.

Since the RC uses a rechargeable lipo, is it ok to keep it fully charged between flights for a couple weeks?

Don't the same rules apply to it as any other lipo? (keep it around 50% for long term storage, never run it completely dead, etc.)

Do you guys fully charge the RC before every flight?

no wait till it gets to one green light then charge again

Reactions: 0DRK3RT
Unless I'm going out to fly for the entire day, I usually wait until the remote controller is on one light too. It lasts for many flights, so there is no need to charge it up every time before heading out to fly.

As for how to care for the remote controller battery, DJI has never offered any battery tips for it.

Me too. Or at least charged about every 4 th or 5 th battery.
You know how it is here Air , rain might slow us up but I just keep everything full and do top em off when we do have several days of rain like now .
I just like being set on go !! ;)

You know how it is here Air , rain might slow us up but I just keep everything full and do top em off when we do have several days of rain like now .
I just like being set on go !! ;)
Yep in the winter, warm up slightly then rain.
But you dont get those wonderful 30 below zero days nor all the lovely snow shovel days. Lol

Yep in the winter, warm up slightly then rain.
But you dont get those wonderful 30 below zero days nor all the lovely snow shovel days. Lol
That would kill me :)

I know mine has a 1S lipo battery but I fly at least 3 times a week and prefer to have a full charge @ full voltage to keep my signal strong. If I waste the battery in a year ill just replace it. It dosnt cost all that much. A full charge give me more confidence when I go out. I will consider letting it run down some once I get my power inverter out of storage. Then I can charge if needed on location.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic