Remote connected. Please connect aircraft. Please help!!

Reaction score
This is literally driving me crazy.

Phantom 3 std.

A few weeks back i crashed my drone into a telecoms, i salvaged what remained. Battery works fine, drone powers on, lights blink normally, gimbal and camera broken off.

Ever since i tried connecting the Go App it says "Remote connected, please connect aircraft". I already tried all possible combinations of putting it on such as remote first then drone and so on.

I read up and it says i need to relink my remote to drone. Funny thing is when i power on the drone the frequency led is Solid Green. But the light on the remote is Red. I tried relinking but when i start the relinking process, the remote beeps and the green led on the drone goes to solid Red, and after it times out the led goes back to green, although it didnt link. BTw i did push the button, sometimes it would blink red and keep on blinking forever. Would not link. When i push it again it goes back to green, and if i push it again it goes to blinking red etc.

I really need some solid help. You need some pics even just tell me abd i'll get them.

Thanks so much. Really need my bird back in the air.

Link, Similar Problem

Another bird falls out of the sky

or

Read the whole thread.
Another bird falls out of the sky

I think the wifi signal the remote picks up, not the mobile device. Starts at the camera / gimbal and goes in to the bird and gets amplified to antennas in the bird. I could not connect to mine when the cam and gimbal were broken off.

You have a red led on the remote because the phantom can't acknowledge it is receiving the control signals. The transmitter to do that is located in the gimbal (video and telemetry). You should be able to fly, but you can't calibrate anything or receive telemetry during flight.

I don't know in what state the gimbal is, but you should try to connect atleast the transmitter that is located in the base of the gimbal.

Like this:

fjkwgl.jpg

I did that. But i dont even know if that part of the gimbal is good. It took a pretty hard hit. Cuz i even connected and tried the linking process and no luck. But most suggestions point to the fact that i need a new gimbal.
Correct?

I don't know, but @Phantomic says you should be able to fly? I think even with out the gimbal. Maybe you trying to re-link it, it is now not linked.

No. Its not linked. I cant even c the battery status
That's correct, you would not see anything on the app.
You don't need the app to fly once the phantom has been registered.
Have you tried to start the motors?
We are missing something here.
You stated "Really need my bird back in the air."
What do you need to do without a camera?

That's correct, you would not see anything on the app.
You don't need the app to fly once the phantom has been registered.
Have you tried to start the motors?
We are missing something here.
You stated "Really need my bird back in the air."
What do you need to do without a camera?
You are correct that you need the gimbal-transmitter to register the phantom to be able to fly. I bought a brand new standard without gimbal to use it for flying practise (it can easily fly longer than 30 minutes without the weight and powerusage of the camera). I ended up buying a broken gimbal/camera just to be able to register it, to get it in the air. I guess i was lucky that the transmitter was working and afterwards i build the transmitter-board inside the phantom itself, to be able to calibrate the compass and receive telemetry during flight.

@pros1998 when the connection button/led on the phantom is green, the controller is connected and you should be able to start the engines with CSC.

Guys. Perfect thanks to you all. I used the control sticks combo to get it in the air. I will have to buy a new gimbal. But thanks again.

Hey guys. Is there any other hardware i could buy for the p3 to improve stabilization in flight/ gimbal. I remembered in some of my video i could see a minor shakiness.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik