Relinking transmitter?

Reaction score
If I should lose the link between the transmitter and the Phantom, and the quad does the RTH maneuver, can I re-link the transmitter to the quad while it is still in flight? And if so, how? Thanks for any help...

You can do this, its in the manual, but from memory, you need to set throttle to 50%, and switch to Atti mode. (Might require Atti->GPS->Atti)

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong :)

Eik said:
You can do this, its in the manual, but from memory, you need to set throttle to 50%, and switch to Atti mode. (Might require Atti->GPS->Atti)

I think that's correct... although in that situation, I think I would let it go ahead and land, count my lucky stars, and then maybe start over with a new flight. The only time I see this maneuver being valuable would be if it's coming down in a bad place, like a tree or something.

Eik said:

Yup,. that's how it's done.
But yes, absolutely, definitely, positively do so only when you've calmly remembered to set the throttle to 50% or more, or the Phantom will potentially drop like a rock.

RTH can take a bit of time once the Phantom approaches it's home position, so if you were running a bit low on battery prior to initiating it, it might be a good idea to take control and land a bit earlier.

speaking of which, I do wonder just what the Phantom does in similar situations when the battery is low and RTH occurs.
i know that the battery has a LOT left in reserve even when the red light starts to blink, but what if it's approaching the 2nd level of battery failsafe and RTH occurs,. will RTH override the "auto-land" 2nd failsafe I wonder?

Gizmo3000 said:
RTH can take a bit of time once the Phantom approaches it's home position, so if you were running a bit low on battery prior to initiating it, it might be a good idea to take control and land a bit earlier.

speaking of which, I do wonder just what the Phantom does in similar situations when the battery is low and RTH occurs.
i know that the battery has a LOT left in reserve even when the red light starts to blink, but what if it's approaching the 2nd level of battery failsafe and RTH occurs,. will RTH override the "auto-land" 2nd failsafe I wonder?

Just need a volunteer to test that scenario and find out! I'll pass.

I've been told by one of the techs at Atlanta Hobby that the RTH will supersede all other programming, short of relinking with the Tx. It will continue to home and auto-land until it is successful, or the battery is depleted.

You folks are awesome - many thanks. Couldn't ask for more...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl