Rejected GPS Tracker

Reaction score
In case anyone else is considering it, I just bought and returned one of these.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00N ... ge_o02_s00

Shame, looked perfect as it's lightweight and waterproof with decent battery life. Maybe I just got a duff one - 10 minutes after switching on it returned the correct location, half an hour later it gave me Hamburg, Brazil, Pacific Ocean, Russia.... Left it outside on top of the shed all night, still way off today - so back it goes.

Which ones have people had success with ? Also where is the best place to mount it ? I'm guessing on the gimbal protection plate at the bottom of the landing gear, opposite corner to the compass ?

I love my RF-V16 available on EBay. It claims to be the worlds smallest and it weighs 27 grams. It has many Features! :)

PhantomFanatic said:
I love my RF-V16 available on EBay. It claims to be the worlds smallest and it weighs 27 grams. It has many Features! :)

Thanks - where did you mount it ?

I love my Trackimo.
Going to upgrade to the Flytrex Live 3G as soon as funds allow and I upgrade the Vision + with the QuickRelease and my GoPro

RhythMick said:
PhantomFanatic said:

I haven't! After reading what all it can do, I realized that it was perfect for my Mom to wear. She can push one button and call my cellphone. We can converse. I can also call her tracker and she answers and we converse. If she doesn't answer, it auto answers and I can hear sounds around her. Plus, of course, find where she is.

She doesn't wander away, but she has fallen in the yard and couldn't get up. I bought a pair of radios, but she doesn't always carry it as she says it is too heavy for her.

These are also ideal for children to wear, your dog - you can finally find out where he goes each day! I'm a pet lover and if my dog had got hit by a car and was laying in a ditch, this would be worth it's weight in gold. The same goes for my Mom too, of course! :)

So, I will buy another and I'll probably secure it to a landing leg away from the compass. Or, just 3M it to the underside.

I'll stick with my TK102B, its already proven effective after a recent incident, I just need to find a way to waterproof it.

How deep down in water can a tracker go before it can no longer receive a phone call or pick up GPS sats.?

crash1sttime said:
How deep down in water can a tracker go before it can no longer receive a phone call or pick up GPS sats.?

:shock: :shock: :shock:

crash1sttime said:
I'll stick with my TK102B, its already proven effective after a recent incident, I just need to find a way to waterproof it.

GPS will be lost in < 0,5 cm. water

The best tracker is a GSM tracker, it keep signal even with crash I forest, near tall buildings, canyons and so on, and accuracy is 3-5 meters.

thanks for the reply, its a GSM/GPS tracker that I have so its nice to know.

Sorry to confuse you terry, it was just in case my quad went down in water

RhythMick said:
PhantomFanatic said:

My RF-V16 is velcroed at the front of the quad just above the USB port. I can recharge it in situ no need to remove it.

PhantomFanatic said:
RhythMick said:
PhantomFanatic said:

I haven't! After reading what all it can do, I realized that it was perfect for my Mom to wear. She can push one button and call my cellphone. We can converse. I can also call her tracker and she answers and we converse. If she doesn't answer, it auto answers and I can hear sounds around her. Plus, of course, find where she is.

She doesn't wander away, but she has fallen in the yard and couldn't get up. I bought a pair of radios, but she doesn't always carry it as she says it is too heavy for her.

These are also ideal for children to wear, your dog - you can finally find out where he goes each day! I'm a pet lover and if my dog had got hit by a car and was laying in a ditch, this would be worth it's weight in gold. The same goes for my Mom too, of course! :)

So, I will buy another and I'll probably secure it to a landing leg away from the compass. Or, just 3M it to the underside.

excellent - lost my mum to Alzheimers last year and I know whereof you speak

LostAngel said:
I love my Trackimo.
Going to upgrade to the Flytrex Live 3G as soon as funds allow and I upgrade the Vision + with the QuickRelease and my GoPro

Although having a tracker and Flytrex Live 3G are not mutually exclusive.
There are parts of the UK where it is not possible to get a 3G signal but where it is perfectly possible to send texts.

l really my Trackimo to. I esp like that you dont have to deal with trying to find a sim card for it and that its free the first year and I really like that its not dependent on any particular cell co. and will use what ever one it gets the best signal from.

Its seems to be pretty dam accurate to. esp if its outside. It even works in my house some times even tho it may take a few trys before it gets enough gps signals to get a location lock.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic