Regular brief video break-ups normal?

You are welcome! If you use the 32 channel hack to avoid interference, the channel selection has to be set to manual on a specific channel, as the automatic setting only uses the stock 20 channels, even with the hack. Turning causes the vertical antennas in the struts to tip sideways during the maneuver, which reduces their signal strength when the transmitter antennas are vertical, so I am not surprised that it can lead to temporary loss of video at long range. The HDMI FPV out from the transmitter (with the HDMI board upgrade) is more robust and not subject to the whims of DJI GO and the tablet. I'm putting one in as a backup to retain FPV, for when the app crashes or the iPad reboots in midflight. :eek:

So you are saying that the only frequencies available on automatic are the original 8 channels--- why would that be? And where would that be documented?

So you are saying that the only frequencies available on automatic are the original 8 channels--- why would that be? And where would that be documented?
That's been my clear understanding from prior posts. It could be wrong, but it makes sense that the stock automatic algorithm won't support a hack, and the hack only works if you select a manual channel from the hack! I always use a manual higher channel in the hack, so I know for certain that I won't be limited to the original 8 by selecting automatic. I am open to being corrected, if you find out I am wrong! :D It sure would be nice, if automatic supported the hack channels! Anyone else want to chime in here, so we can get to the bottom of this?:cool:

That's been my clear understanding from prior posts. It could be wrong, but it makes sense that the stock automatic algorithm won't support a hack! I always use a manual higher channel in the hack, so I know for certain that I won't be limited to the original 8 by selecting automatic. I am open to being corrected, if you find out I am wrong! :D It sure would be nice, if automatic supported the hack channels! Anyone else want to chime in here, so we can get to the bottom of this?:rolleyes:
You're correct. Ever since the first day the 32 channel hack graced the forum it has been true that the auto mode only used the original channels and we needed to switch to custom to select the "new" channels.

That's been my clear understanding from prior posts. It could be wrong, but it makes sense that the stock automatic algorithm won't support a hack! I always use a manual higher channel in the hack, so I know for certain that I won't be limited to the original 8 by selecting automatic. I am open to being corrected, if you find out I am wrong! :D It sure would be nice, if automatic supported the hack channels! Anyone else want to chime in here, so we can get to the bottom of this?:cool:
I sure don't know, but assume that more opening more channels in the software would allow more channels for the radio to scan... we have someone here who can answer this-- maybe one of the forum staff.:D

You're correct. Ever since the first day the 32 channel hack graced the forum it has been true that the auto mode only used the original channels and we needed to switch to custom to select the "new" channels.
Thank you! :cool:

I sure don't know, but assume that more opening more channels in the software would allow more channels for the radio to scan... we have someone here who can answer this-- maybe one of the forum staff.:D
The automatic search algorithm is only written to search the 10 channels that DJI intends to limit you to. Unless you can rewrite the firmware to also search the 32 channels in the hack, it won't. :rolleyes:

Reactions: bobmyers
The automatic search algorithm is only written to search the 10 channels that DJI intends to limit you to. Unless you can rewrite the firmware to also search the 32 channels in the hack, it won't. :rolleyes:
See, this ol dog learned something else:D:D

Reactions: Oso

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik