registering when living in Canada

Reaction score
anyone know Im gonna head to the U.S in March and wanna take my drone thinking im going to have to register if I want to fly it there went to Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) Registration to try and register it but when I click on register here it tells me something like blocked from my country like I can register it from Canada, anyone know if I have to register or how I go about doing it from Canada?

From the FAA's FAQ:

Q11. Are non-U.S. citizens visiting the United States on vacation or for drone competitions required to register?

Everyone, including foreign nationals and tourists, who operate a UAS for hobby or recreational purposes outdoors in the U.S. must use the FAA's online registration system. These non-U.S. citizens or non-permanent U.S. residents will receive the same registration certificate as U.S. Citizens or permanent U.S. residents. However, this certificate will function as a "recognition of ownership" document. This document is required by the Department of Transportation for foreign nationals to operate legally in the US.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl