Refurbished vs new

Reaction score
So I'm planning on buying the p3s, and I was wondering whether or not it would be a good idea to buy a refurbished one from the OFFICIAL DJI website. Is that a good idea or not?

If you have any suggestions, please tell me

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

According to the website, it's the same as with new ones, but if you replace it due to a problem, you can only switch it out with another refurbished one

b0fc36a349fcd5f16fc557ee6304baea.jpg

due you want a new car or a used one someone sold cause it had problems

The price diff is $70. It's 85% of the original price

It's one that's been returned to DJI, and they have fixed it, as well as tested the software stuff, and flight tested it.

would rather have a new one than a reject that supposedly was fixed

According to the website, it's the same as with new ones, but if you replace it due to a problem, you can only switch it out with another refurbished one
If you buy a brand new Phantom, DJI will also swap it out with a refurbished model and/or refurbished parts if you need to send it in for repair.

Just buy a new one from a local Best Buy. Easy returns if you have any issues. IMO $70 is worth it to make sure you get all-new parts and, most importantly, a new battery. Not sure if refurb P3s have refurbished or new batteries!

EDIT: Or an Apple Store. They seem to be very forgiving with DJI issues, at least for the many people who bought a P4 from them.

agree 70 is not worth it.. buy new you can get them from time to time for 399

I got mine from eBay cookie electronics.

It was in early May big sale picked it up. Keep your eyes open !, I'm sure they will come back

I got mine from eBay cookie electronics.

It was in early May big sale picked it up. Keep your eyes open !, I'm sure they will come back
Ok thanks!

Yeah I've basically decided to just get a new one [emoji23]

I'm not 100% sure on the warranty policy from DJI but I would suggest making sure you are buying from an authorized dealer or DJI may not fix it should anything go wrong.

Guys i have a Phantom 3 Standard for sale which is considered an open box, never flown only taken out of box looked at and put back in box. Decided to go with P3 Advanced.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers