Refresh Firmware

Reaction score
I have a tricky problem I have been mailing DJI about. Frankly i could have lived without the advices I got.. See below.

The problem is:
1. I'm getting a message "Strong Interference - Fly with caution" maybe six times per minute
2. At the same time the "Radio link Quality" turns from "Good" to "Poor" and..
3. I'm getting Drop Outs in the video feed.
When the link quality goes back to "Good" it works as expected..

All this sitting by my kitchen table...

I found another thread about "Strong Interference - Fly with caution", but the thread has almost no activity at all.. The guy who created the thread saw a connection between his probems and the release of DJI GO 4.0.9. It sounded reasonable, but I don't know now.. I have had video drop outs a long time, but the error message is new.

I have been in contact with DJI support about this and been given a bunch of different advices on what to do.

A. Calibrate the Compass
B. Calibrate the compass and return the bird to them for repair
C. Return the bird to them without bothering to calibrate the compass
D. Try a Firmware refresh on both the bird and the remote followed by a..
E. Relink the bird with the remote followed by a..
F. Compass calibration.
I have also got the question if I have tried the "32 channel hack" (!). No further explanation..

I tried a recal of the compass, and made a test flight after that. No errors during the flight, but afterwards, again at my kitchen table, the problems were back..
I found a couple of similar probems on Google, and the advices were to ensure that the link spedd wasn't above 4 MB/sec.I would SO MUCH want to take a look at the link speed between the bird and the remote, but this can't be done anywhere.

What do you guys think about this? Can this be solved by points D, E and F above? Is it worth trying, or should I return it to DJI for "repair"? The probem is that it will be away during the fly-season. As I'm only having this one P4 in my company I'm going to loose customers, money, reputation and will probably considered as a "non trustworthy" UAV-provider..

Edit: I have always been sitting by my kitchen table while prepating the drone for missions nd for testing.. I've never had any distrurbances here, and there is nothing new here which can give these disturbances..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic