Reflective Tape on P4 Prop Supports

Reaction score
Hi! I just bought a Phantom 4 RTK and I’m new to the forums. I’ve been benefiting from all of this great information!

I’ve seen pictures of your P4’s with 2 red reflective strips on 2 arms for orientation. I’ve also seen some with 2 silver strips. Which product do you use? Does it work well during the day?

Thanks!

I have reflective tape on all four arms of my phantom, but not for orientation. It's to help deter bird attacks.

You are looking at the P3 series that has the colored tape on the motor arms. They are unnecessary But are used to identify which model you were flying. Red is the P3S. The P4 series does not use these strips. Instead, they change the color of the DJI logo. Add the reflective material if you wish. Have fun fly safe.

Last edited:
Hi! I just bought a Phantom 4 RTK and I’m new to the forums. I’ve been benefiting from all of this great information!

I’ve seen pictures of your P4’s with 2 red reflective strips on 2 arms for orientation. I’ve also seen some with 2 silver strips. Which product do you use? Does it work well during the day?

Thanks!
I have been toying with the idea of using reflective tape on the landing struts in case I lose my drone in tall trees. I guess the drone’s batteries would die after 30 mins, so you would have no led lights to help locate the drone (which could potentially land in a really tall tree and be stuck in the branches. It happened several times when learning to fly my Symantec X5C). With the aid of a torch, I think reflective tape would help locate a lost drone with no adverse affects on flying performance. Hope this was helpful.

I think you're not right with that 30min acting time of batteries. It depends on how much power the battery had at the time of an accident.
And 30min or effectively 24min is calculated for running motors. Just for lights it would be much longer.
To be sure to have some light on it it's better to put the strobe light on with its own battery support which lasts for about 5 hours.

I'm using this on both my phantoms:

Using a heat gun made the installation better since the tape did not like the curved surfaces at first (cold). Here it is:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4