Reduced range in the UK

Reaction score
upload_2016-10-9_0-58-21.png

Hi All,
I found this on the TrustedReviews website. Will DJI reduce the range or is it still down to the user I wonder. I don`t think I`ll be flying that far anyway.

It will be like the P3 and P4 - set by it knowing your location - and almost impossible to change.
The P2 power output you could just change a setting with a screwdriver!
It doesn't make as much difference as you'd think, the range is more affected by local environment..

Yes, I wouldn't let it worry you. I've had a P3A in the UK for 18 months and never had problems with range.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

It sucks in the EU, as you most certainly will observe limited output, if you are one who enjoys the technical capabilities of your equipment and do some long range flying amongst other things.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Well it should be limited the same way that other manufacturers limit their units. I really have not read any complaints.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

They are working on a new law here in the Netherlands that will allow a max range of 50 meters up and 100 meters away!
I'm afraid that if this law will get accepted here, DJI will need to push it to us Dutch (like geofencing).

They are working on a new law here in the Netherlands that will allow a max range of 50 meters up and 100 meters away!
I'm afraid that if this law will get accepted here, DJI will need to push it to us Dutch (like geofencing).
I'm afraid that's going to be an European law, not just the Netherlands.. Blinkered bureaucrats in Brussels

That's just a lot of ifs and buts. And NO the UK won't accept a rule that's made for Europe.

That's just a lot of ifs and buts. And NO the UK won't accept a rule that's made for Europe.

Did you have a look at the video's?
Especially the 2nd, 3rd and 4th one?
They mention UK too.

Did you have a look at the video's?
Yes I did and it still seems like a load of ifs and buts and scaremongering by bloggers on YouTube trying to get hits. Sorry to be so blunt but until it happens, what is the point of worrying about it? It's a prototype law and they are even asking for opinions from our communities about it. EU laws will NOT apply to the UK when Brexit is officially triggered! That's one of the key reasons why Brexit was voted for, so we are able to govern our own country!

Reactions: kinsey
And even if it does happen.....there'll be a lot of people breaking the law. The overstretched police in the U.K. cant cope with everyday things and mostly only act when it's an emergency. Who is going to police it?

They might, but it's a draft proposal and is too draconian even for them. The party's not over yet!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr