reduced motor output to protect battery

Reaction score
Got that error message and I searched around the forum and found very little on it. I first received the message when I ran a battery down to 13% after almost loosing it in a 20mph wind. I thought the message would go away once I recharged the battery, but it is still popping up and upward acceleration is slowed down. Could someone just tell me where to go to reset it? I've been all through the remote and can't find a fix.

First time I hear of that. There was a flight that I scared to the bones bring back my bird with less than 13% battery and never received that message. Hope you can get a prompt solution.

Got that error message and I searched around the forum and found very little on it. I first received the message when I ran a battery down to 13% after almost loosing it in a 20mph wind. I thought the message would go away once I recharged the battery, but it is still popping up and upward acceleration is slowed down. Could someone just tell me where to go to reset it? I've been all through the remote and can't find a fix.

If you are talking about the warning, "Propulsion output is limited to ensure safety of battery," you can research it in dozens of threads:
Search Results for Query: Propulsion output is limited | DJI Phantom Drone Forum

To summarize however, that warning appears when you exceed one or more of the safety parameters that DJI implemented with AC FW 1.6 as a fix for the debacle of AC FW 1.5. It triggers when the software encounters conditions which would drive battery voltages too low. It then limits output as designed. It is normally acceleration or ascension with a depleted enough battery that leads to triggering this safety protocol. The Phantom calculates the potential to reach a critical voltage level, so it forces a slow down in propulsion. We don't know precisely what DJI has set as parameters or how they calculate for potential issues, but there is no "reset" to make it go away. Any FW from 1.6 onward will include this safety protocol.

I have only once got that message. It was with a freshly charged but "cold" ~20°C battery when the AC was ascending at full speed.

If you are talking about the warning, "Propulsion output is limited to ensure safety of battery," you can research it in dozens of threads:
Search Results for Query: Propulsion output is limited | DJI Phantom Drone Forum

To summarize however, that warning appears when you exceed one or more of the safety parameters that DJI implemented with AC FW 1.6 as a fix for the debacle of AC FW 1.5. It triggers when the software encounters conditions which would drive battery voltages too low. It then limits output as designed. It is normally acceleration or ascension with a depleted enough battery that leads to triggering this safety protocol. The Phantom calculates the potential to reach a critical voltage level, so it forces a slow down in propulsion. We don't know precisely what DJI has set as parameters or how they calculate for potential issues, but there is no "reset" to make it go away. Any FW from 1.6 onward will include this safety protocol.
Thanks

Reactions: Oso

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj