Reduced flight time - motor tilt from crash

Reaction score
I purchased a P3P recently that had been crashed. When I started flying it I noticed that the flight time I was getting was considerably lower than my other P3P I have for work, on the same batteries. I can get 20 min in before low battery at 30% with work P3P and only 15 min with the crashed P3P.

After some investigating I noticed that one of the motors was tilted significantly more than the others and is noticeable if you visually inspect the path while hovering. If I line up the props, this one is off by 3/16 to 1/4 inch.

My question is, could this tilt be causing the drone to have to work harder to stay in position or level flight, and be the cause of my diminished flight time?

Also got an over voltage warning yesterday. First time for that. I was flying full speed and ascending when it happened.

I got the drone for a steal, so if I need to replace motors, or even the shell, I am good with that. Just want to see what you guys thoughts are on the culprit.

Thanks,

Robert

It's right if a motor is mounted at an angle, two things will have to be done by controller: increase the thrust on that motor to compensate the loss and opposite motor has to produce a radial force by angling the drone. Both of these forces will consume additional battery juice. Also you will observe drone flying at an angle and not horizontally flat.

You might get over voltage warning with almost fully charged batteries with heavy brakings. Due you do that?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Neon Euc
Thanks, thats what I figured. I assume I will need to replace the shell in order to fix the motor tilt.

No, I don't typically brake hard. Like I said, I had been flying at full speed down a golf course hole and started to ascend sharply at the end. That's when it occurred. I assume that by adding additional thrust to go up while moving at full speed forward would have the same affect and caused the over voltage. I dont do that too often.

Thanks again,

Robert

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik