Red Vertical and Horizontal Line

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am flying a Phantom 4 Pro with the firmware V01.03.0509 (April 12 firmware), DJI G0 4 version 4.0.8, on an iOS device operating under iOS 10.3.1.

When adjusting the gimbal up/down a red vertical line appears on the left edge of the display. This red vertical line moves up and down as I adjust the gimbal position. Accompanying the red vertical line is a dashed red horizontal line emanating from the top of the red vertical line. As I adjust the gimbal up/down the red dashed horizontal line changes position.

Attached is a screen shot from the DJI Go 4 app. This screen shot captures the red vertical line. Unfortunately, the dashed red horizontal line is not show. The screen shot makes the dashed red horizontal line disappear. However, if I change the position of the gimbal after a screen shot the red horizontal is again visible.

This red vertical and horizontal line has been present on all firmware and DJI go revisions. The red lines are only be seen on the DJI Go App. They are not seen in the recorded video or photographs. I see nothing in the documentation that describes the red vertical line or a dashed red horizontal line.

Is this normal behavior?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Donald Barar

Attachments

• Phantom 4 Pro DJI Go.jpg
    Phantom 4 Pro DJI Go.jpg
    284.8 KB · Views: 472
Last edited:
Yo Donald,
the lines are gimbal pitch indicators in tap fly mode.
The longer the vertical line gets, the further the camera is looking down.
How much that is helpful I can't tell you ;-)

See this video at 9:37

Hi Max,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write and explain these red vertical and horizontal lines. You are correct. They only appear in the tap fly mode. Very much appreciated.

Donald Barar

Reactions: MaxHam
Hi Max,

I responded to the DJI Forum post thanking that responder as well. Did not realize it was you. Very funny. Thank you again for your help.

Don

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl