Red Rock Open Space - Colorado

Reaction score
It's nice to have time this long weekend to work on some videos. This video is from Red Rock Open Space, which is a series of vertical rocks along the same fault line as my video from a few days ago showing the Garden of the Gods. I did some flights of Red Rock earlier this year and went back this morning to grab a few more shots. As I was shooting, a guy came along and said, "That's annoying." I replied simply, "Yes, it is." That ended the conversation and he walked on. Hope you enjoy it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dAZfTj ... e=youtu.be

Vey nice work!! I'm jealous. I have always wondered what was back there and have been wanting to explore that area by foot and after getting the quad figured it would be a fun place to fly/shoot. You beat me to it!!

I saw some nice video shot in Cripple Creek I have a hunch you were on the sticks shooting that footage too!?!? Can't wait to see more of our " Backyard" so to speak. Nice job, enjoyed it all.

Jim

Thanks, Jim. I may have beat you but there's still plenty to shoot there. I found the footage interesting in that I had no idea the mining was so extensive. These birds provide a great perspective, something you can't get when hiking around.

Yes, you might have seen a Cripple Creek video I did: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HND5PbQ1ods That's a fun place to fly as well. No one around to bug you and some really interesting mining structures. I have quite a few videos posted, some okay and some not so great. Lots to learn and this discussion group provides a lot of information.

Happy flying and perhaps we'll cross paths somewhere.

Have you been back to fly at Red Rock Open Space? I've looked at it as a possiblity, but haven't done much research yet to find out if others have flown there, or if there are any prohibitions against flying in COS City parks. I've seen where Garden of the Gods is a no-go (though I wish they'd be ok with flying the perimeter, where it's less likely to bother people). I've flown with no problems at Castlewood Canyon State Park. Tried to go to Mueller State Park but got stuck in traffic and didn't have time.

Any other places around The Springs you recommend? I saw the video in a similar thread about Pulpit Rock, and that looked interesting. I'd like to take my P3S up to the top of Pikes Peak, but I'm afraid the wind will never be mild enough to fly safely there. Would like to fly around Royal Gorge too, but have yet to check out if it's possible.

Anyway, great footage from Red Rock, I'm definitely going to check out options for flying there.

Have a good one.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31