Red lights

Reaction score
Howdy; First post.
3 flights on new P3A today. On last flight noticed front lights were steady red. Landed right away. So much stuff to learn on these things, can anyone tell me why they would be red?
Also with a new iPhone 6 plus, FPV works fine, but am unable to record video. Slid from photo to video, and push red button, turns into a small red square but no video ever shows on my pilot app.
Thanks......

First check your SD card and confirm that you are, in fact, recording.

If you selected video caching (which I Do Not recommend as this can degrade the iPhone processing) then your recorded video will also be stored locally in your iPhone.

:harry

dedstik...you mentioned that caching maps will tax a processor. Do you know this for a fact? Reason I ask is I have been getting quite a bit of lag with my iPad 3 wifi only. I do cache maps. I have the ability to tether my phone as a hot spot BUT, keep seeing thoughts that the wifi signal will interfere with the performance. My fpv has been horrible.

dedstik...you mentioned that caching maps will tax a processor. Do you know this for a fact? Reason I ask is I have been getting quite a bit of lag with my iPad 3 wifi only. I do cache maps. I have the ability to tether my phone as a hot spot BUT, keep seeing thoughts that the wifi signal will interfere with the performance. My fpv has been horrible.

Please re-read my post. I was specifically referring to caching video, not maps.

Take a look here, especially tips # 6 & 7:
http://www.phantompilots.com/thread...for-the-best-dji-pilot-app-performance.48388/

I also use an iPad Mini 3 wifi only. I use my P3p just for FPV flight. The only time I get video lag or stutter is when I let my tablet get too warm. This is a well known performance artifact.

Ahhh yes...I see now.I thought you were speaking of the map cache. I am desperately trying to help out the fpv lag. Sometimes it's there and other times now. The iPad really heats up from processor and weather. Thanks for responding.

Ahhh yes...I see now.I thought you were speaking of the map cache. I am desperately trying to help out the fpv lag. Sometimes it's there and other times now. The iPad really heats up from processor and weather. Thanks for responding.

No problem. Last weekend the ambient air temp was in the low 90's and I left my iPad in my P3 backpack for about 1 hour. Even though it was in the shade and a bit warm I decided to go for my second flight. Too much stutter to FPV flying. Took my iPad to my car and turned on the AC and gently let it cool down. No problems on my next flight.

FYI, I am waiting for the DJI HDMI board to ship. I really hope that using a direct HDMI feed and HD goggles will get me where I need to be for extended range FPV flight.

Thanks 30 secs. Looking at vidios of P3's shows the red lights on.
I got to just relax and learn this stuff.

I'm gone to dig around in the pilot app to try and get the video working today.

Yeah it's weird that red would be on the front. You'd think it would have conventional nav lights of red on the port side and green on starboard or something like that.

Yeah it's weird that red would be on the front. You'd think it would have conventional nav lights of red on the port side and green on starboard or something like that.
True. But you need green/red/yellow in back as indicator.

This is probably a left over from Phantom One where red was in the front -- but the One had no camera

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31