Red lights. Wont calibrate

Reaction score
Last thursday i received a used phantom 2 vision with t-motors. I am new to this. It flew fine. But i decided to upgrade the phantom firmware. I then recalibrated the compass and flew it like two times. When i went to fly it today the two back light went solid red. I connected the phantom to the assistant software and it said something about abnormal compass.. I have reset the flight controller and also i have done the magnet thing over the compass and also the imu calibration(basic and advanced). Please help

Check the plug right at the compass and make sure it has come loose or cocked to the side a little. Check along the wiring to make sure it hasn't been damaged. Look for cuts or scrapes. Other that that, sounds like you've done the proper procedures. If you have to the compass is relatively inexpensive. Between 15-19 dollars on eBay with the landing strut.

Thank you. I think i will have to buy the compass.

Why did you use a magnet around the compass in the first place? I doubt you need a new compass it's more likely you will have to demagnetize the compass and do an advanced IMU calibration once you are finished. Watch the following video which will show you how demagnetize the compass and next time keep magnets away from the compass.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31