Red lights of death

Reaction score
Hi folks, I need some help please.

I recently updated my my controller to take a UAV Maxx antenna but I have not flown the bird for about two months.

I have just switched on my bird and controller and Go App. App is asking me to connect my device but the bird is showing flashing green at the back and solid Red at the front.

The manual shows this as a critical error. I have done no work on the bird so I don't understand the cause.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Did you start the motors? Have you looked at your manual? Flashing green in the back and solid red in the front (with motors spinning) means it's ready to fly on my P2V. Be sure your switches are up and sticks are centered. The P4 might be different.

Sounds like there's a problem with your FPV.

Did you start the motors? Have you looked at your manual? Flashing green in the back and solid red in the front (with motors spinning) means it's ready to fly on my P2V. Be sure your switches are up and sticks are centered. The P4 might be different.

Sounds like there's a problem with your FPV.
Same for the P4, solid red front flashing green rear, when your rear green lights start to flash red thats your low battery warning , solid red in the rear is a critical warning(10% bat is a critical warning also). If your RC left light is green you are connected, if red you are not.

Hi folks, I need some help please.

I recently updated my my controller to take a UAV Maxx antenna but I have not flown the bird for about two months.

I have just switched on my bird and controller and Go App. App is asking me to connect my device but the bird is showing flashing green at the back and solid Red at the front.

The manual shows this as a critical error. I have done no work on the bird so I don't understand the cause.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
upload_2016-10-9_0-57-56.png

...My P4 also has Solid Red Front Lights and Flashing Grn Rear Lights... when this SWT is in the ON position...
IIIDaemon
www.GasRecovery.net

I'm sorry, but I think some of the pilots need to spend some time reading the owner's manual for their aircraft. The entire manual really needs to be carefully studied from top to bottom at least twice in my opinion. There should be no question in their minds what the lights on their AC are telling them.

For example (and this is to my P2V in Naza mode, not a P4).

Rear lights flashing alternate colors: Boot up

Front lights off: Props are either not spinning or are spinning in idle

Front lights red: Props are spinning and are spinning faster than idle

Rear lights flashing green 2x rapidly: Sticks on controller not centered

Rear lights flashing green 20x (1st time since boot): AC compass is working and AC knows where it's pointing relative to magnetic north

Rear lights flashing red 3x and green 1x: AC has acquired 4 satellites or less

Rear lights flashing red 2x and green 1x: AC has 5 satellites

Rear lights flashing red 1x and green 1x: AC has 6 satellites

Rear lights flashing green 2x: AC has 7 satellites or more:

(replace green with yellow above indicates ATTI mode instead of GPS mode)

Rear lights flashing green 20x (2nd time since boot): Home point is marked

Rear lights are flashing red slowly: Battery is low, you must land now

Rear lights are flashing red fast: AC is in auto-land

Do some of these apply to the P4? If you're not sure, please read your manual. You shouldn't have to rely on your app for everything.

Had similar issue a few weeks back.

Clean battery data terminals.
No need for abrasives.

Alcohol and a q-tip or paper towel.

There may be several causes for the error but this was mine.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair