red light while flying

Reaction score
when i power up my Phantom i let everything start up and let it aquire all satellites so no red lights are flashing before taking off. it has also marked a home point. shortly after take off i begin to have a red light flash . This is all in Gps mode so i know when my battery starts to get low i would get a red light flash. However i am confused why i am getting a red light at the beginning of my flight. I am new to the Phantom and i am still getting use to the led indicator and what the lights mean. So any help is appreciated

My Phantom shows a flashing red light any time I give it full throttle. My guess is that when the system detects a heavy load, it is interpreted as a low voltage. I could be wrong but that's my take on it. If you're flying it smoothly and gently you should get about 9 minutes of flight time before you see the red light flashing. However if you're flying it very aggressively with lots of rapid ascents to high altitudes that can be cut down to 6 minutes or less.

Personally I keep an eye on my watch. After 5 minutes I start paying very close attention to that light no matter how I've been flying it. Once it starts continually flashing red after 5 minutes, bring it home immediately. Worst case scenario is the battery is lower than you think and the Phantom enters it's fail-safe auto land mode. You can still steer it and hopefully have enough altitude to get it back home, but at that point it's coming down regardless of where it is or what's underneath it lol.

Now do you know if once you locked onto the satllights and get a home point marked do the the red lights turnover to meaning low voltage . I am assuming thats what happens.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20