Red Light on RC after update - but gone with Aircraft on

Reaction score
First time posting (so be gentle :) )

This is for my Phantom 3 Pro.

Saw that there was a 1.6.04 update, so downloaded from DJI and followed instructions (watched linked video on DJI page - which seems to be wrong).

Update to bird went fine. Video says to use the same .bin file on RC, but from what I can tell - that is no longer the case. The RC can be updated from the Go App. (Is that correct?)

Went forward according to the video with the same 1.6.04 firmware - to install on the RC through the USB port (according to video). On power-on, the light turned red, no beeps and never turned off. Eventually I turned off RC and unplugged the USB flash drive.

Now here is where I am a bit confused. App is 2.4.3, Aircraft is 1.6.04, and RC is 1.5.70 and I get no notices to update anything!

However: When I turn on my Remote Control by itself - the far left LED is red - UNTIL I boot up the aircraft, then it goes away. I don't remember ever having that red light, may it was lit and I just don't remember.

When everything is on and hooked up, (app included) - everything looks normal.

Is that red light normal with the craft off? If not, any suggestions?

Thanks ahead of time:
Shep

Last edited:
Thanks msinger. Did you see my update version numbers? They all seem to be correct. I didn't really get an answer to the red light before I turn on the drone and a green after. Any advice on that? Are my version # correct?

Thanks,

Hi Shep,

The red light on the RC is normal with the Craft off and not connected. And your version numbers are correct as they should be. Al is good.

Flying Dutchman - thanks for answering my questions. Msinger, also thanks for your help. I just did not remember that red light and it had me bugging' :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31