Red light on Hull - Camera not detecting Firmware on SD Card

Reaction score
Hi Guys -

I'm trying to get my Phantom 3 Advanced up and running after a crash.

I had to replace the camera, but its a P3 Professional Camera rather than a P3 Advanced Camera.

The remote connects fine, and I can control the camera gimbal and the camera apature, and see the live image, but I cannot start up the motors.

The DJI App is telling me I need to upgrade the firmware on both the camera and the aircraft, however it doesn't detect the firmware on the SD card on startup (I did format the card before copying the FW on to it).

Once the aircraft is fired up it also displays a solid red light next to the link button (see pic). It also emits two short beeps every couple of seconds.

Any ideas?
IMG_2573.jpg

Are you using P3P firmware now that you have a P3P camera? Also, I'd relink the AC and RC.

Also, your white vibration dampeners are not installed correctly. The bottom of each one needs to go through the hole otherwise they won't dampen any vibration. I'm sure you can quickly find an image on Google to see what I mean.

Additionally, only two anti drop pins are needed.

Last edited:
If you change camera to P3Pro camera, then you need to use P3Pro FW to set the system right.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl