Red light flashing on Phantom 1.1.1

Reaction score
Trying to find out what is going on with my phantom, i had it out last night for a small flight, when i hooked up both batteries (i use 2 when flying) i managed to get the lights to come on like normal with the 2 stock batteries and flew it for a short flight, the red light on the phantom kept flashing continously, at first the yellow and green came on for a brief moment. I looked at my FPV screen it was showing almost 13 volts for the batteries which is good, and after the normal time for the phamtom to warm up and even though the red light was flashing, the OSD was showing more than 8 satalites it was picking up. The motors fire up like normal, just did not want to fly it just yet until i find out what is going on. I hooked up the drone to the naza m assisstant, it was showing no problems, voltage was good although i was getting a low voltage warning which made no sense at all since the voltage showing was good in the assisstant, i checked for calibaration it said none was needed, i checked the compass plug on the landing skid it was showing it was plugged in ok. I charged all the batteries, even the 2 multistar ones again to make sure they were topped up. I have rechargable batteries for the TX even charged them up.

This morning in the dining room i tried hooking up the 2 multistar batteries same thing the red light starts flashing after a brief moment , i tried the 2 stock batteries the same thing happend, with the props off i tried to start the motors nomally worked all fine.

If any one has some ideas they will be welcomed. I intend to take off the top of the drone body to double check everything is still good with the hookup for the PMUv2 and the DJI OSD.

Being indoors its not going to be able to get satellites easily and here's a picture of my manual that explains flashing lights :)
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1464176125.520960.jpg

It was doing it outside in the area were i fly wide open. Connected and disconnected my dual batteries about 5 times every time i get a quick yellow green red as it looks like its starting up mode then just quick red flashes same as when u get low voltage. The nazam m2 assisstant was saying voltages were good yet it was flashing a yellow triangle in bottom right corner of the assisstant when i clicked on it said low voltage not sure why when everything looked good.

I think i have it solved. Tried both batteries on their own one was good the other one was indicating a low voltage by the flashing red light but the on screen display was showing good voltage. Trid both together same thing then after many tries the bstteries were fine. Now all is good very strange.

Push your front switch top right forward hold it there then see if flashes green blinking and when you let go if goes red
Top right toggle push it forward and hold it there let me know

NO
YOUR toggle switch top right
The one that's set in GPS mode push it forward and hold it there
Turn the phantom on and TX
Get home lock and GPS locked
Two sets of green lights your will flash red as your saying
When it does push the switch forward yes it won't go any further but trust me hold it forward with strength and I bet you get green blinking :)
And when you let go it blinks red .

Not working. When i plug both batteries in i get a momentary flash of yellow green then steady red flashing yet on my osd it shows lots of sat, voltage about 12.9 which is normal i beleive but battery symbol flashing but showing full. I even tried both batterys separate same thing, they are multistar and each is 4000mah only got about a dozen flights on them. I flew 2 days ago on sunday everything worked fine. Drone went through its normal startup mode then fast flashing green lights then steady green lights. I charged both batterys took them out for first time since sunday now red flahing lights like its saying low voltage even naza assisstant says low voltage with a msg but all numbers in voltage section showing good. Cant figure this out

God knows right
Stick a non mutistar battery in see what it's does
Because I have these batteries and there fine but I'm buying a new charger because the standard white charger doe not balance the multistar battery's properly hints why they take ages in standard charger and you think there green ready to go but really the voltive is balance out
50/50/50 per each one
I'm not to sure mate have you crash it
Defo stick another battery's I. If you have to see if this works
In NAZA check for me that your switch is moving in all 3 settings
GPS/atti / and so on trust me I've fix 5 of my mates TX because of that switch

Just tried my 2 stock batteries work great separately and together no flashing red lights. Must be what say the multistar going to charge them again leave em on for awhile. Going to get a better charger. To answer ur question no have not crashed it.

Good I'm telling every body don't use the standard charger on them batteries trust me even if it takes a hour your killing them slowly
Get a proper
Charger
Balance one off eBay or hobby King
With store away charge as well any way I think you know what's what now

Just tried my 2 stock batteries work great separately and together no flashing red lights. Must be what say the multistar going to charge them again leave em on for awhile. Going to get a better charger. To answer ur question no have not crashed it.
Might sound silly but make sure you got constant green on white charger fully charged but I know it's not on them batteries good luck

Thanks for your help, i just plugged one of the multistar batteries in the white charger its blinking red green indicating almost charged but not quite, i have seen them in this mode for hours. Also got another balance charger that just uses the balacne plug, its useless. I am sure it will fly ok, all the osd items are showing good.

I only had the batteires plugged in for not even a couple minutes, you would think that they should stay fully charged, kinda looks like a charging problem with the multistar batteries

You won't listen to me . Standard charger and mutistar will not charge as you think it does with 2200 mah you need a better charger you said you have another charger what brand . Sounds like to me you cook your batteries
You ain't charging TGE. Both together I don't no mate I don't have a problem

I listen to you, its the only charger I have right now the stock phantom one the white one, why wont it charge the multistar batteries, you would think it should but just take a little longer. The other is a IMAX B3 simple but cheap charger, it only uses the balance plug to charge the batteries but takes like 10 hrs to charge the multistar ones and about half that for the stock ones, I don't use it much its pretty much useless I would say. Do you have a link of suggest which charger would be good for the multistar batterys, since you have some what do you use. The battery and voltage thing for these drones is not my area, I am not very versed on that area.

Ok you want this charger
Core RC UAC50 Charger 12v/110-240v 6A CR161 This what I'm using It's good charger
And I've had no problems now
Before when I was using the phantom charger
I have these vault buzzers on my phantom you can set the volt alert so it's loud in the sky kinda but they never worked now I'm using this charger they work that's telling me they propose balance charge

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik