Red led flashing on phantom 1 when battery connected

Reaction score
After flying this drone trouble free, I am preparing it to sell and upgrade to another phantom. I flew it yesterday no problem, but today when I attach the battery, after turning on the controller, I get a fast flashing red light and can't start the motors. I have tried different duly charged batteries. Help Please!!!!

After flying this drone trouble free, I am preparing it to sell and upgrade to another phantom. I flew it yesterday no problem, but today when I attach the battery, after turning on the controller, I get a fast flashing red light and can't start the motors. I have tried different duly charged batteries. Help Please!!!!
Which light is flashing red?

The light on the drone. Goes through normal series of different colour flashes then 4 X red fast flashes over and over.
I don't remember all the color codes. Do you have your manual. The codes are there. Be sure S1 and S2 are in up position and compass plug on leg is attached properly. Don't move quad on startup. If all that is ok, you should check for errors in assistant software. Be sure your sticks are in neutral position.

I don't remember all the color codes. Do you have your manual. The codes are there. Be sure S1 and S2 are in up position and compass plug on leg is attached properly. Don't move quad on startup. If all that is ok, you should check for errors in assistant software. Be sure your sticks are in neutral position.
I've done all this and the colour codes suggest it is a voltage failure, but all batteries are fully charged and worked fine yesterday. I've tried with and without compass plugged in( always flown without it before) I've tried to connect to assistant software but can't get it to register, so help with this would be a great help as well! Desperate to get it working so I can ship it!

How did you fly without compass before. You would always have error flashes then. Have you had it connected to the assistant software before? That's the first problem to get connected so you can check parameters. Otherwise it's a guessing game

How did you fly without compass before. You would always have error flashes then. Have you had it connected to the assistant software before? That's the first problem to get connected so you can check parameters. Otherwise it's a guessing game
I always flew without the connection to the port on the landing leg. Always kept in sight. I plugged the usb into computer and had no indication in assistant software that it was recognised. Sorry for lack of knowledge in situation but never had any problems before

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic