Red Led Flashing, Naza Assistant -> FAil Safe mode.

Reaction score
hi. I'm having problems with my dji phantom. First I lost control of it in the air, and only managed to make a forced landing. It seemed that there was some problem with the stabilization system. When I turn on, only red led flahsing fast. Put in naza assistant, and appears he is in fail safe mode and radio channels locked . I opened it to look, everything is connected in place. someone experienced something like this?

Here need more info for helping you.

Did you upgraded firmware ? which version in phantom ?
Did you do an Advanced IMU calibration ?
Did you do the compass calibration ?
Are your TX batteries charged ?
Any beeps when powering / connecting to PC ? When you connect to PC must get solid green led...
Have a video around its status ?

Did you upgraded firmware ? which version in phantom ? (YES! 3,14)
Did you do an Advanced IMU calibration ? (YES!)
Did you do the compass calibration ? (YES!)
Are your TX batteries charged ? (YES!)
Any beeps when powering (BEEPS NORMAL)/ connecting to PC ? (CONECTION NORMAL ) When you connect to PC must get solid green led... (ON THE NAZA ASSISSTANT APEARS THAT THE PHANTOM IS ON FAILSAFE MODE ... I THINK THE PROBLEM IS ON THE PHANTOM RECEIVER) >
Have a video around its status ? I'll POST ONE VIDEO.

Not my video but it shows how to bind the tx which looks to me you like you have lost the connection.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FOE8tezrN0[/youtube]

You can try opening the radio as I have heard of some solder joints breaking inside them here somewhere. Going to a Futaba radio is never a bad thing either, I recently went with the 8FGs but many here use the 8J very happily.

You will have better range and more channels to play with, not exactly sure on the 8J but I have a dial used for gain control. 3 position switch for GPS, ATTI, Manual and also a forced failsafe switch that will work in any mode. I still have lots of switches free for future functionality like gimbal tilt and pitch, camera switching etc.

Range wise I have taken it to 1.5km but sure I can do further if needed and maintaining LOS, the stock radio was good for between 900m on average for me going to failsafe between 700-1000m away.

I suggest to follow the TX-Link procedure It is described in Page 4 (Phantom Advanced manual). Share your results.

TX-Binding-Link-RX.jpg

Thank you all... The receiver is not working. I tryed to make all those things, but no results. Tomorrow arrives one t8J futaba, and then I'll change and see if this is the only one problem...

Rafael,

eu moro no Brasil, interior de Minas, Januária. Troquei a placa do Phantom pelo Kit de atualização para instalar o Zenmuse H3-2D. Depois disso o GPS parou de funcionar. Já tentei de tudo, atualizei o Firmware para 4.0, recalibrei o IMU, mas no Software Assistent (V1.8) já informa que o GPS está desligado. O Zenmuse funciona, ele vôa modo ATT, mas sem GPS. O LED fica piscando duas vezes amarelo e não aceita a "dança de calibrar GPS". Vc tem alguma sugestão?
Muito obrigado!
Dêniston Diamantino
[email protected]

Este é o mesmo problema que eu estou tendo. Bem igual. Liga em modo manual e atti. mas o Gps fica desligado. Contatei a DJI US e eles estão estudando o meu caso. Eu troquei o receptor original por um Futaba T8J, e acredito que vou ter que trocar o modulo de GPS também. Próxima etapa agora será desmontar o GPS. O receptor de PPM devia ser algum problema nas soldas, por que quando dava umas batidinhas, ele aparecia funcionando, porém já parava. Já o GPS eu não cheguei a desmontar. Assim como já havia escrito, tudo começou quando perdi o controle em voo, e consegui trazer para perto, muito dificil por sinal. No NAZA Assistant, Gps e receptor não estavam funcionando.

This is the same problem I'm having. Well the same. Turn on manual mode and atti. but the GPS is off. Talked with US-DJI and they are studying my case. I swapped the original receiver by a Futaba T8J, and I believe I have to change the GPS module as well. Next step now is to disassemble the GPS. The receiver PPM must be some problem in solder for that when he gave a tapping, he appeared functioning but has stopped. Already the GPS I did not get to dismantle. Just as I had written it all started when I lost control in flight, and could bring close, very hard by the way. At NAZA Assistant, Gps receiver and were not working.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.