Red flashing lights while climbing

Reaction score
Hi,

First post on here as I have only had my phantom for a couple of weeks. I've done quite a few flights now and have had no problems really. Phantom has always behaved its self. However when I climb quickly at full throttle I get a rapid succession of red flashes, I had put this down to a faulse low battery alarm due to the high current draw but is this assumption correct?? Anyone else had this or could it be an error of some kind...

Thanks

first off, welcome to the community.

is the flashing red led there when you start flying? is it only when you start climbing or does it come on after you have done some flying and then climb?

the only time i have ever had flashing red led when climbing is when the battery pack is low. i've had it blinking red when i was bringing it up, so i brought it back down, only to have it turn green when i was hovering.

I wait until I get the green single flash and that continues while I am flying around normally. When I climb hard I then get a flashing red light and when I throttle back it then returns to the normal green flash.

Everitj said:
I wait until I get the green single flash and that continues while I am flying around normally. When I climb hard I then get a flashing red light and when I throttle back it then returns to the normal green flash.

I've seen that as well when I've done some hard climbs, not when the battery is full, but more so when the battery is past the halfway mark. - but yah, it's when there's a fast discharge like that it gives a warning.

We all know that the rapid flashing red mean LOW voltage under load warning.
This may be:
1. The Phantom is heavy thus put more load on the pack.
2. The pack voltage is low because:
2.1 The C-rate of the pack is on the low side (20C) or the ambient temperature is too low or too high thus cause the C-rate to be less effective.
2.2 The motors may be of less efficient, perhaps because of the worn out bearings, slightly bent shaft or even unbalanced props.
2.3 The esc may be defective thus requires more power from the pack.

I tested the Turnigy A-Spec with 65-130C rating and found out that after the red flashing when it comes close to the second level fail safe, the Phantom will not hover at half stick so you may be able to hold it aloft at 90% throttle for a few more seconds before it lands with 20C stock pack. But with the 65-130C pack, you can hold it for a good 30 seconds!
This pack won't give you the red flashing when you climb unless (again) the pack capacity is near the end.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... ouse_.html

yeap have noticed that on my phantom when using the stock battery pack with gopro on it but when i use the turnigy nano-tech 2200mah 25-50c discharge it wont do the false red light till battery is getting low,,

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.