red flashing light

Reaction score
About a month ago I purchased a used phantom, I bought a controller and charger separate. I opened the housing and connected them fine , two small flights later ,then bam that next day (and a month later) whenever I plug it into the phantom it flashes red constantly.
Can anyone help me with this?

sethrichy said:
About a month ago I purchased a used phantom, I bought a controller and charger separate. I opened the housing and connected them fine , two small flights later ,then bam that next day (and a month later) whenever I plug it into the phantom it flashes red constantly.
Can anyone help me with this?

Is it a slow steady red blink? If so, that means no compass signal. Check your connection to the compass on the landing gear and also open up the shell and check where it plugs into the GPS board (top of the shell under the foam tape). If you've been in there and plugged in some of the cables, I've noticed one weak spot is where the compass cable plugs into the GPS board: the pins can easily push out as you plug the cable in so be sure the pins didn't back themselves out of the connector there. The cable can appear to be plugged in all the way until you see a couple of the pins have slid out of the actual connector.

Mike

Thanks mike its more of a fast blinking light and slow beeping noise so I will check into that for sure

Yeah, worth checking but not sure if it's fast. When the above happened to me it was more like a once or twice a second red blink. No beeping. Easiest thing is to hook it up to the Assistant. When I did, mine showed all zeroes for the compass so I knew something was up without even disassembling. Assistant is probably a good idea anyway: you can look around and see what's amiss.

Mike

mikeydaddio said:
Yeah, worth checking but not sure if it's fast. When the above happened to me it was more like a once or twice a second red blink. No beeping. Easiest thing is to hook it up to the Assistant. When I did, mine showed all zeroes for the compass so I knew something was up without even disassembling. Assistant is probably a good idea anyway: you can look around and see what's amiss.

Mike

great i have been looking for a way to fix it for a while now i'm finally hearing some good solutions. with no back round experience for anything like this, it can get extremely frustrating
thanks a million mike

The other possibility is that the battery you're connecting isn't charged, or the voltages in the NAZA aren't calibrated. When you connect to the software to check out what mikey suggested, go ahead and take a look at the Voltages tab as well to see if the voltage the NAZA is reporting matches the actual voltage of your battery. If not, you can enter the correct value and click "calibrate" there to correct that.

OI Photography said:
The other possibility is that the battery you're connecting isn't charged, or the voltages in the NAZA aren't calibrated. When you connect to the software to check out what mikey suggested, go ahead and take a look at the Voltages tab as well to see if the voltage the NAZA is reporting matches the actual voltage of your battery. If not, you can enter the correct value and click "calibrate" there to correct that.

good info thanks OI Photography

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers