Recovering video?

Reaction score
I did my first flight. When I landed the wifi (cell screen was frozen. I had to power down and couldn't power off the camera first. What can you do to keep from losing the video in this case? I thought I read of a possible recovery some how? I had land based videos on the card so I know the camera works.Thanks.

skypup71 said:
I did my first flight. When I landed the wifi (cell screen was frozen. I had to power down and couldn't power off the camera first. What can you do to keep from losing the video in this case? I thought I read of a possible recovery some how? I had land based videos on the card so I know the camera works.Thanks.

If you power off the quad while recording a video, that video will not finalize and thus not be readable. This can be fixed.

Put the memory card back in the drone, power it on for 30 seconds or so, then power off the drone. No need for wifi, or apps or anything.
The video will finalize. You will loose the last 5-15 seconds of the video but most of it will be just fine.

ResevorDG said:
skypup71 said:

If you power off the quad while recording a video, that video will not finalize and thus not be readable. This can be fixed.

Put the memory card back in the drone, power it on for 30 seconds or so, then power off the drone. No need for wifi, or apps or anything.
The video will finalize. You will loose the last 5-15 seconds of the video but most of it will be just fine.

Thanks, I couldn't remember what the answer was.

Actually, turn the p2v back on and start recording again, then stop the recording, then power down the drone. Just powering up didn't always work for me. Always stop a recording before powering off the drone.

I've just had the same issue.. Flying lastnight my phone died 7mins into the flight. Got the Phantom back ok but cant recover the video! Ive tried putting the card back in and powering up the Phantom but all I get is a 7min long video of complete blackness.. I've taken another subsiquent video and thats come out fine.

Have I got any chance of getting the video back or is it gone forever...

The other thing is, I was amazed my phone battery drain so quickly it was showing over half charge when I started the flight but I was using an HDMI cable to give me a picture on a monitor rather than using the Iphone screen.

Ross

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4