recover control after entering automatic RYH

Reaction score
Is there a way to recover control of the drone after it has gone int auto RTH because of a low battery? I fly from a boat and I am not usually in the position of the original home position. I am never out of sight of the drone but because of reports problems of low battery warnings with fully charged batteries and automatic RTH.

I want to be able to fly the drone back to me and not to the home positions if the battery has a problem. I usually return to me at 50% power but just curious as to what to do if I run into the battery problem.

It seems maybe you have not been following the discussions regarding the new firmware release.

You should do so, It contains a feature to solve your problem.

It allows the option to update the Home point GPS coordinates to that of your current location via the cellphone's GPS capabilities every two seconds. This way the HP is always near you, the pilot. ;)

I understand that but on the boat I will need to control the location and the descent. The home position is rather vauge and no exactly where I may be. it can be off by a meter or 2 and on the boat, that will be a disaster.

OK?

Thanks anyway and I do follow the board very closely.

Not meant as a put down! Really.

Read up on Naza mode. This is possible when flying in Naza. There is a post on here titled The Ultimate Guide, or something like that, which will be the best read regarding these machines you can get under 15 minutes.

OK, I do fly in Naza Mode .

I will look at that guide. I think i downloaded it somewhere.

Si switch in Naza mode changes fro GPs mode to Atti Mode and Failsafe mode. You can exit fail safe mode by switching S1 to GPS or Atti. but what happens when it goes into RTH mode automatically. How do you get back control.

I would test it out to ease my mind. Go out with a low battery or two in a large field and start flying. When the low battery alarm goes off and it starts RTH, flip the switches from GPS to atti mode and see what happens. I would think it would allow you to regain control, but I've never tried it. Best to do the test in a controlled area a couple of times before relying on it.

You get control again but flipping the S1 switch to another mode then put it back to GPS or ATTI mode.
If you reach critical battery level it will just start to descend without throttle (up) input so be ready for it and give it more stick if needed.

Yo bcass1, upon reflection I kinda misunderstood your question.

Cheers!

There's is a video by Simon newton on YouTube I believe that details how to regain control. Not sure if the circumstances are the same but it might help.
Same applies to automatic return to home when signal is lost I believe

bcass1 said:
I understand that but on the boat I will need to control the location and the descent. The home position is rather vauge and no exactly where I may be. it can be off by a meter or 2 and on the boat, that will be a disaster.

The "follow me" RTH feature will bring the aircraft close to you, and then you can take over the controls and bring her in precisely to your location. Sure beats her heading back to the point of launch! All you need to do is flip S1 from P-1 > P-2 and back and you will be in control again.

I'm going to do some tests as soon as I finish replacing the windlass on the boat. Changing the battery on my motorcycle and fixing the clothes dryer that won't run!

LOL

N017RW said:
Yo bcass1, upon reflection I kinda misunderstood your question.

Cheers!

Gotta love Zappa... "Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."
200 Motels...
No one here gets out alive...
She had that Camarillo brillo Flamin' out along her head, I mean her Mendocino bean-o By where some bugs had made it red.

There's never been anyone like him before, and I doubt I'll be around long enough for the second coming... :D

-slinger

Hard to beleive he's gone.

Died at 53, Prostate Cancer (get yours checked boys)... waaayyy tooo young for anyone.

We now return you to your [regularly scheduled] thread topic.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4