Recorded videos saved:

Reaction score
When I go to a video that I recorded in my phone from my phantom 3 pro. I open it then click on settings: then details and under location: Boussemghoun Algeria pops up.??? What's up with that I live in San Diego. Ca Usa. I don't know why that city pops up.

Sorry Rick_Grff, not sure what you mean. As far as I know the videos are recorded and the Micro SD card on the drone, not on the device you fly it with, well on my P3Advanced any way and I'm pretty sure the Professional is the same.
The only thing recorded on the device I fly with, a Nvidia Shield tablet, are the flight logs.
If you look at the flight logs they'll tell you where you were flying.
I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong relating to the Pro.

When I go to a video that I recorded in my phone from my phantom 3 pro. I open it then click on settings: then details and under location: Boussemghoun Algeria pops up.??? What's up with that I live in San Diego. Ca Usa. I don't know why that city pops up.
As you sure that you are looking at details for the P3P video cached on your device and not looking at some sort of wallpaper file perhaps? Asking because those files normally have no embedded location data. How are you accessing the cached video? Are you getting it through the files of your device or through the library of the GO app?

As far as I know the videos are recorded and the Micro SD card on the drone, not on the device you fly it with,
The only thing recorded on the device I fly with, a Nvidia Shield tablet, are the flight logs.
Both the P3A and the P3P (and many other models) have the ability to cache low res video locally on your mobile device.

I guess however it’s more accurate to say the apps for many models have the ability to cache media locally to your mobile device. Some weak devices struggle with doing so and in those cases we often suggest to disable the option in the app to help with device performance.

Last edited:
Reactions: JoBe
Thanks Iso, you learn something every day. I'll be looking at the Go App to see whether mine is ON or OFF.

Video's taken with the P3P captured on the SD-card as wel as the cached videos on the smartdevice do NOT contain any location information.
The location information is stored on the SD-card in a seperate file with the same name as the video-file, except the extension is .SRT (this is a text-based subtitle file).

Why your smartdevice (or the app you use to open the cached video-file) is giving that location is either random or a bug.

Video's taken with the P3P captured on the SD-card as wel as the cached videos on the smartdevice do NOT contain any location information.
The location information is stored on the SD-card in a seperate file with the same name as the video-file, except the extension is .SRT (this is a text-based subtitle file).

Why your smartdevice (or the app you use to open the cached video-file) is giving that location is either random or a bug.

That's what's got me worried if it's a bug! Can it take over controll of my aircraft while flying? Or is somebody spying??? It's only my recorded videos from my phantom pro 3 that the location is Boussemghoun Algeria. Maybe I should contact Dji?? Other than that I love my phantom 3 pro wouldn't trade it or get rid of it for anything.

• Haha
That's what's got me worried if it's a bug! Can it take over controll of my aircraft while flying? Or is somebody spying??? It's only my recorded videos from my phantom pro 3 that the location is Boussemghoun Algeria. Maybe I should contact Dji?? Other than that I love my phantom 3 pro wouldn't trade it or get rid of it for anything.
When I get done flying I take the props off and download the photos or videos I just recorded. It doesn't go to any wallpaper apps.

I found out what it was. Operator error. Your right tribar! there's nothing wrong with my p3 thanks for all your replys.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj