Record the pictures/video in ipad.

Reaction score
i understand from my friend that in Phantom 4 you can record the video or photos on your ipad as well as the flash drive that you have in the drone. Is it possible in Phantom 3 as well ??

Yes. However, you can only save a low quality version of the video on your mobile device. Photos are only saved on the Phantom's memory card. To use this feature in DJI GO, enable the "General Settings" --> "Cache during video shooting" setting.

Reactions: Hussain Nalwala
I've generally heard that enabling the video cache can be bad for performance, especially on low end devices, so I've always just kept the feature off. I could be wrong though, but I have no need for it anyway. I can understand why some people would find it useful though.

I usually just download the original quality photos/videos to my device after landing. Editor > Import Icon (top-right) > On-board SD.

Reactions: sonof40
I've generally heard that enabling the video cache can be bad for performance, especially on low end devices, so I've always just kept the feature off.
Yes, that is good advice.

This I was wanting to see how the recording has gone immediately after the video is taken...... sometimes it takes a long time to reach back to the hotel or our house to sit on the computer and download it from the SD card....

I've generally heard that enabling the video cache can be bad for performance, especially on low end devices, so I've always just kept the feature off. I could be wrong though, but I have no need for it anyway. I can understand why some people would find it useful though.

I usually just download the original quality photos/videos to my device after landing. Editor > Import Icon (top-right) > On-board SD.
Doesn't affect the performance of an iPad though, however, downloading the original SD vids sure do fill-up the iPads measly memory!

This I was wanting to see how the recording has gone immediately after the video is taken...... sometimes it takes a long time to reach back to the hotel or our house to sit on the computer and download it from the SD card....
In my experience, if you're using an iPad, it won't affect performance.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1