record accelerometer / gyro data?

Reaction score
Hi,

Aside from strapping on an Arduino with an accelerometer. is there any way to record the X and Z position (tilt) of the drone?

Thanks!

tonybarnhill said:
Hi,
Aside from strapping on an Arduino with an accelerometer. is there any way to record the X and Z position (tilt) of the drone?

Three other choices depending on whether or not you need the data on the ground-end or the air-end.

1) On the air end, you still need an Arduino, but you can capture the GPS/magnetometer/accelerometer data directly from the source rather than flying a dedicated breakout. There's a library for decoding the GPS/compass here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1995704

2A) On the ground-end it's more difficult, but far from impossible. You can disassemble the Android DJI app (not difficult) and find the pertinent data in one of the libraries. It's not encrypted. You can either extend the DJI app to output it to Bluetooth or something, or simply copy the libraries and compile your own app.

2B) Another approach would be to log into the wireless A/P (port 2001 I believe, but you can verify here: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=17704) and try to decode the data stream directly. It may even use the same documented encoding on the ground-end that it uses on the air-end.

All depends on your application, but it would help if I knew what the end-game was.

Depends what he wants to do. The options I propsed were for capturing and using realtime telemetry. Logged data is not particularly useful until after the fact, unless the logging includes a mechanism to broadcast it to other devices live.

varmint said:
Depends what he wants to do. The options I propsed were for capturing and using realtime telemetry. Logged data is not particularly useful until after the fact, unless the logging includes a mechanism to broadcast it to other devices live.
He does say "record" which kinda implies post-processing.

is there any way to record the X and Z position (tilt) of the drone?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20