Recommended Tablet for P4P

Reaction score
Hi,

Currently using an iPhone with apps to fly our P4P, would like to move to a tablet. What do you recommend? Thank you!

Hi,

Currently using an iPhone with apps to fly our P4P, would like to move to a tablet. What do you recommend? Thank you!
You can get an idea what others are using here:

In an Android flavour, the Huawei M5 and M3 are superb flying tablets.

I picked up a refurbished iPad mini 4 with cell capability on line. It's been working fine with Map Pilot Pro and Litchi.

Commercial operator here, I own multiple devices including the DJI smart controller but when it has to work first time every time it's the Mini 5 I reach for.

I worked for several years (6yrs) at a very busy DJI shop in Canada doing repairs and sales. Me general experience that apple products just seem to better for the DJI apps than android based devices. Definitely less buggy and less errors and crashes in the application.

Even when doing troubleshooting with DJI that's the vibe I got from them as well.

I take no pleasure in saying this as I'm not an apple fan and just upgraded my iPhone 6 to a Samsung S21 but iPads and iPhones just seem to work better with the DJI apps.

I worked for several years (6yrs) at a very busy DJI shop in Canada doing repairs and sales. Me general experience that apple products just seem to better for the DJI apps than android based devices. Definitely less buggy and less errors and crashes in the application.
That generalisation doesn't account for the Android devices that run DJI apps flawlessly and there are many that do.

That generalisation doesn't account for the Android devices that run DJI apps flawlessly and there are many that do.
To be fair I don't think he was trying to account for the Android devices that run DJI apps flawlessly which of course there are many, I think he was simply making the (quite valid) observation that across the entire range of devices running either operating system that IOS devices are more reliable.

My S7 ran DJI apps well, likewise my S8 and S9+, my S21+ is a non starter for me at this point but I want more time to play with that before making a final call, my kids had some success with their Pixel 4s I think and my DJI Smart Controller is a grab bag going many outings without an issue and then crashing three times in a day with the dreaded "out of memory error". On the other side of the argument across my 5 or 6 tested IOS devices I have a 100% success rate with exactly 0.00000 app crashes over four years and I think it's pretty fair to say that across the forum and the DJI community that's pretty representative.

If you have an Android device and then get a DJI drone and it runs flawlessly on your existing device then more power to you, grab it with both hands and run with it but if someone is buying a device solely to fly DJI drones, they only have the funds to do it once and have no access to test or try a similar device to the one they are thinking of buying before hand and it positively absolutely has to work first time ... in all conscience I'd have to recommend something with an apple on it

Regards

Ari

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20