Recommended Phantom 2 after-market batteries?

Reaction score
Hello,

I was looking to buy a second battery for my Phantom 2, and was wondering if anyone had any particular recommendations? Is it best to stick with 'official' DJI batteries, or are there viable - and cheaper - alternatives out there? From a quick search, 'compatible' batteries can be found but from what I've seen they're not that much cheaper than the 'official' ones anyway.

Thanks - funnily enough I saw their name mentioned in another post this morning, and looked into them. Unfortunately they're not that easy to come by in Europe (I'm in France), a pity since they look pretty good.

Nobody else out there tried third-party batteries and been happy/disappointed with performance?

Look at venom 5400 with the digital LCD.
I have 2 and they seem fine. They also have a 12mth warranty (DJI OEM have 3mths).

Ironically, the aftermarket batteries are true 3s batteries. The DJI OEM are NOT true 3S batteries. They are in fact 3x2 in parallel series config.

Thanks - in fact I ordered one of those batteries from BangGood a few days ago, figuring 'what the heck'. They're around 60€, as opposed to 120€ for a 'genuine' DJI one here, and after having read about certain people's experiences with even the genuine ones (in one case a battery beginning to show signs of fatigue after only 14 charge/discharge cycles), I was even more loathe to pay so much for a battery. So I'll take my chances, and amongst the third-party ones available, that one seems the safest bet!

Received the battery from Banggood two days ago - charged up, is accepted by my Phantom 2 no problem. Only flown with it once so far, but it works fine, can't spot any difference compared to the genuine DJI battery so far (apart from the LCD screen, which is actually quite useful).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.