Recommended 3rd Part App - What Should I Use

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to this forum located around the Preston Little Italy area. I'm new to the Phantom copters and just purchased the P3 Advanced. I'm looking for advice as to which of the following three DJI Phantom 3 Advanced pilot app is the better app (stable, accurate, reliable and most options)? Autopilot, FPV Camera, Airnest for DJI and Litchi...Thank you.

If you're new, stick with the DJI GO app for now.
You've got a lot to learn and it's best to learn on the original before confusing yourself with the others.

I agree. Learn to fly with DJI Go first... but I sure like to use Lechi for flying a waypoint mission.

T

Ive use both autopilot and fpv, they are both great but if i had to choose i would take autopilot

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Good advice from others to learn the basics with DJI GO first. The third party app list is dependent on your tablet operating system but for iOS I would recommend Autoflight Logic, I've always been impressed with their product and implement new modes frequently. I also enjoy using Airnest and I think they came out with that draw where you want to fly concept very early on for iOS which was cool but Autoflight Logic has something similiar now in their waypoints mode. They suit different flying styles though, Autoflight Logic is perhaps a little more intensive in terms of planning whereas some other apps are a little faster to get you in the air.

If you are an andriod user then I think Litchi is the way to go.

Thank you all for your advice. They are make perfect sense and it's is much appreciated. I will definitely start off the DJI GO app, but I like the idea of planning my missions without the need to have the copter in the air, which for me can be more nerve-racking.

I will definitely start off the DJI GO app, but I like the idea of planning my missions without the need to have the copter in the air, which for me can be more nerve-racking.

Sam,

I agree with all, fly with Go for a while so you know how things work. I'm with you on the planning side. I favor Litchi for just the reason you mentioned, when it comes to waypoint flying planning is paramount. Most of my flights are pre-planned well in advance. I can sit in the comfort of my home and plan, edit and make multiple plans of the same area with different settings. Save them to files and when I get on site, just pick and fly. I can edit in the field if I need to but I'm not fumbling with my pad trying to plan things on the fly in the field. Good luck and fly safe!

Jerry

Can anyone tell me if any of the two apps AutoPilot and/or Litchi allows you to edit any way points while you are flying the mission? For example, I'm flying a mission and I realize that one of my waypoint is not in the location I want and would like to move it. Can I put the copter on hover mode change that way point and re-upload and resume the mission?
Thanks,
Sam

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20