Recommendations for ND Filters ....

Reaction score
I apologize if this is a repeat question on the P4 discussion board but I can't seem to find a thread that addresses it.

I want to buy a set of ND Filters and I was wondering if anyone highly recommends a particular brand / set?

What do you use?

PolarPro is what I recommend. Not only for overall build quality and picture quality, but for customer service and support as well. I don't work for them but I did start out by skimping on the ND filter quality and then ended up losing money by having to buy again. I bought the 6 pack from them. The nd 16 had a tiny scratch so they are sending out an nd 16 cinema (higher end) in replacement immediately without even needing mine back first. For this reason, I can only recommend PolarPro.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Taco RC Multi-Coated set seems to be popular on this forum. I purchased a set last week but haven't been able to try them out. They look and feel really well made.

57738e4d96ca942d50ba900496d3956e.jpg

Edit to add pic of the filters and case (the silver one is the dji stock one)

Last edited:
Reactions: Tobrouk
I have Polar Pro filters and very happy with the quality but :) there is always a but...

Polar Pro filters are bit wider than stock UV filter so you cannot use Polar Pro filters with P4's stock gimbal clamp. I always change stock UV filter before with the filter I would like to use on that flight and vice versa after flights.

DJI filters can be preferred if you don't want to change filters always like me...

Taco RC Multi-Coated set seems to be popular on this forum. I purchased a set last week but haven't been able to try them out. They look and feel really well made.

Ditto on multi-coated Taco-RC filters since they are the same size and weight as DJI ones. So you can use stock gimbal clamp. Quality is top-notch IMO.

I use the DJI ones. From my understanding they are the only ones that will work with the P4 gimbal holder.
The TACO-RC and BTG filters will also fit with the OEM gimbal holder. They are identical in size, shape, and weight.

For anyone else looking for filters, you can find a list of commonly used lens filters here.

The TACO-RC and BTG filters will also fit with the OEM gimbal holder. They are identical in size, shape, and weight.

For anyone else looking for filters, you can find a list of commonly used lens filters here.
Just ordered the BTG ones .... I think they're gonna help alot here in bright Arizona

I use the DJI ones. From my understanding they are the only ones that will work with the P4 gimbal holder.
Not only that, but many of the lens hoods are made for the DJI ND filters. The lip on some of the other filters prevent the hood from slipping on smoothly. Before you buy Polar pro, call them and ask if they're coming out with filters without the lip so the gimbal lock will work properly. I'm not sure if the Taco filters have the raise lip issue or not since I've never seen any. Maybe others can comment about if they have a lip, or if they are physically identical to DJI filters.

The polar pro filters come in terrible little bags, that make it very frustrating to carry around inside a hardshell DJI case. Constantly fishing in the bags to pull every filter out until I get the right one. If taco filters come with a little case definitely get those instead.

The polar pro filters come in terrible little bags, that make it very frustrating to carry around inside a hardshell DJI case.
I own many filters -- many of which have horrible storage containers. My advice? Don't buy filters based on the storage container.

The Taco filters are excellent quality. Perfect filters. AND they come in a very good quality case. Best of both worlds :)

Reactions: Tobrouk
I bought Polar Pro for my P3. They fit the P4. When I ordered they were giving away a free case if you buy the six pack. They also, last time I looked, we're offering 10-15% discount for signing up to their newsletter. However, like others have said. The new P4 gimbal lock doesn't fit right when the filters are on. So I'm stuck with constantly removing them after every use. I do enjoy them. They work really well. Only complaint is they don't fit the gimbal lock. I'm sure there will be a remedy soon.
3f067270e731a095479ea4bce61998f1.jpg

Polar Pro filter with new gimbal lock
e0a69f92b6ac33625f170fb1a56feabe.jpg

It pushes the gimbal higher into the bird. I would never leave it like this.

The polar pro filters come in terrible little bags, that make it very frustrating to carry around inside a hardshell DJI case. Constantly fishing in the bags to pull every filter out until I get the right one. If taco filters come with a little case definitely get those instead.
Get a white paint marker and label the bags. That's what my buddy did. I was going to do the same until they gave me a free case.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl