Recommend a lens kit

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Semi new pilot here. Was wondering what kits on Amazon or elsewhere you suggest for the lens hood, UV, filters for the Phantom 3 4k? It looks like Neewer is obviously a bad choice. Any recommendations for a good kit?

I compared many of the commonly used lens filters in this thread.

Lens hood may overload the gimbals in flight (wind), or maybe on ground too. It doesn't take much and some variable density filters have been known to overload it with a "Gimbal Ovarload" warning as well due to weight.

Filters? Polar Pro ND16, ND32, and ND64 should cover you well enough. This: DJI Phantom 3 Cinema Series - Shutter Collection You can sing up for 10% off and they might send you a gimbal lock too that works easier than the stock one.

Imho, the polarizers with the wide-angle lens can mess up the sky blue density so the ND seems to work better for me.

Good info. I think your right Gmack. Only reason I wanted a lens hood is because of the " prop shadow" effect I've seen from flying into the sun. I read that will reduce it along with a ND filter.

What are you thoughts on this kit? Someone claims just as good as Polar in the comments. Not sure what to think.

" Package: 4pcs filter ( Circular-Polarizing filter, ND4 filter, ND8 filter,UV filter) + one admission "

https://www.amazon.com/HOBBYTIGER-L...3879785&sr=8-1&keywords=phantom+3+4k+lens+kit

I'd pass
Good info. I think your right Gmack. Only reason I wanted a lens hood is because of the " prop shadow" effect I've seen from flying into the sun. I read that will reduce it along with a ND filter.

What are you thoughts on this kit? Someone claims just as good as Polar in the comments. Not sure what to think.

" Package: 4pcs filter ( Circular-Polarizing filter, ND4 filter, ND8 filter,UV filter) + one admission "

https://www.amazon.com/HOBBYTIGER-L...3879785&sr=8-1&keywords=phantom+3+4k+lens+kit

Personally, I'd pass on that set. The ND4 is almost useless as it the ND8 if you want to slow the shutter down to avoid seeing the props -- if that's your plan. Plus, if you look at the design, they have a large lip on them which makes it a heavy filter. Polar Pro had those for a while, but did away with them and they are now similar in design to the stock filter and lighter than their old large-lipped push-on design. Some report the push-ons as being really tight, and others too loose. Go for the screw-ons if possible.

I have some of the Polar Pro large-lipped ones that press-on and they weigh 7.2 grams. Their newer and smaller screw-on design is 4.1 grams. Fwiw, the stock DJI UV filter is 2.4 grams which makes the push-ons almost three times the weight of stock.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20