Recomanded firmware

Reaction score
I have 1.4.0010 firmware on my P3/P. What do you think about updateing. Wich firmware is recomanded, 1.5.0030 or 1.6.0040? Some of your advice and experience with those firmwares.

It's 'recommended' to update firmware when the app suggests it - you don't have to though if everything is as you'd like.
If you get too far behind it can become rather difficult to ever get up to date again though.
On balance it's probably best to stay current but only apply updates a week or two after they come out.
It's not unheard of for DJI to do revisions within hours when some issue comes to light soon after release.

My concerns on firmware updates are some restrictions and new limitations they may place on my UAV. Of course I'm planning on abiding by all FAA regulations, but someone has said that speed restrictions are now being used by DJI. I'm pretty sure that I want all the speed possible to help fight unexpected winds. Has anyone else heard anything about DJI reducing speed and/or altitude?

Of course I'm planning on abiding by all FAA regulations, but someone has said that speed restrictions are now being used by DJI. I'm pretty sure that I want all the speed possible to help fight unexpected winds. Has anyone else heard anything about DJI reducing speed and/or altitude?

Acceleration restrictions have been implemented, not overall top speed.

SD

Thanks bradrun and solar density for clearing that up. I was hesitant to update until I heard from someone who had experience with the new firmware.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl