Reckless drone flight causes serious injuries.

Reaction score
Friends Sue Groom After His Drone Hit Them in the Face During Reception

There have been very few reported incidence of drones causing injury to people or property. When it does happen, however, we all need to pay attention. Injuries will be inevitable. News stories will shape public perception and opinions about drones. That is why it is everyone's responsibility to ensure a safe flight, not only on their own behalf but I'm behalf of the community. That is also why it is important to call out drone pilots who aren't operating safely. These new stories affect the entire UAV industry.

Enrico Schaefer
UAV Attorney
www.dronelaw.pro

Free Part 107 Waiver and Airspace Training Videos. Part 107 Waiver & Airspace Training Videos - Hire a Drone Law Attorney - Fly Under FAA Part 107

Reactions: TechyRod
Is this post just a way to promote your company,

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Is this post just a way to promote your company,

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Are we doing competing bridal party drone shoots? ;-). Not really our thing.

We believe that safe UAV operations are key to industry growth. We agree with the FAA that the media will always report the problems, will often misreport the problems and will rarely report the benefits. So our interest is in the success of our commercial drone pilots and the industry itself.

Enrico Schaefer
UAV Attorney
www.dronelaw.pro

Free Part 107 Waiver and Airspace Training Videos. Part 107 Waiver & Airspace Training Videos - Hire a Drone Law Attorney - Fly Under FAA Part 107

Reactions: DB4Tim
Ambulance chasing attorneys now smell $$ in drone suits. And this is GOOD?? BS. Give me a break. It is sad.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Ambulance chasing attorneys now smell $$ in drone suits. And this is GOOD?? BS. Give me a break. It is sad.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
I said "good lawyers" seem to be a necessity. You could comfortably include the words necessary evil there. I didn't say whether I think the situation is good but to clarify I don't think it's good at all. The media, careless operators and unfortunate incidents will all work against us in long term reasonable enjoyment of the hobby. To see the major drone makers invest in trying to keep a status quo (albeit likely more interested in themselves than the consumers) is at least something.

Yeah, like prbly issue firmware to limit range to 500 ft or closer..........

The guy is an idiot, even if it is his own marriage.....you don't fly in that environment/situation ever .

If the drone hit the couple in the face then the drone must have been at face/head level. Who was the idiot pilot that decided to use a drone for this photo or video instead of a regular video or still camera. In this case, there was absolutely no need for a drone.

It's just too bad the gene pool hadn't been thinned out a little before this twit came along.

The pilot was an idiot, plain and simple.

Bud

Friends Sue Groom After His Drone Hit Them in the Face During Reception

There have been very few reported incidence of drones causing injury to people or property. When it does happen, however, we all need to pay attention. Injuries will be inevitable. News stories will shape public perception and opinions about drones. That is why it is everyone's responsibility to ensure a safe flight, not only on their own behalf but I'm behalf of the community. That is also why it is important to call out drone pilots who aren't operating safely. These new stories affect the entire UAV industry.

Enrico Schaefer
UAV Attorney
www.dronelaw.pro

No matter what the Internet has taught us those that show a lack of judgement at times are not all idiots.
Dig down into the various links in the story (and the comments) and you'll see he qualifies as an idiot alright.. stole $750k, has a record for counterfeiting, went on talk shows to chat about it.. seems a bit of a narcissist.

Reactions: Matchlock
No matter what the Internet has taught us those that show a lack of judgement at times are not all idiots.
Flying inn a tent full of people...with NO ability to get altitude quickly.......with NO clear VFR....that would allow for a plan if something went wrong....a lack of judgement is when you miss judge something that will not get one hurt ..........what he did was a total lack of thought into flight planning

When flying anything you only need two out of the three to succeed

Airspeed ....Altitude....or Brains....I only said you need two out of the three...at best he only had one

.....he labeled himself ....Idiot

Reactions: Matchlock
Flying inn a tent full of people...with NO ability to get altitude quickly.......with NO clear VFR....that would allow for a plan if something went wrong....a lack of judgement is when you miss judge something that will not get one hurt ..........what he did was a total lack of thought into flight planning

When flying anything you only need two out of the three to succeed

Airspeed ....Altitude....or Brains....I only said you need two out of the three...at best he only had one

.....he labeled himself ....Idiot

Or he believed the marketing and hype, wanted to do something that could make the special day better and had a small chance of failure.

As a society we love to watch other people fail and then call them names, mayhaps it makes us feel like we are better than someone else... but who can really say.

It doesn't make me feel good, or bad to call him and idiot.

Those who do dangerous things with no regard for other people's safety are, in my opinion, idiots. Plain and simple.

Bud

Or he believed the marketing and hype, wanted to do something that could make the special day better and had a small chance of failure.

As a society we love to watch other people fail and then call them names, mayhaps it makes us feel like we are better than someone else... but who can really say.

Sad you think society love to watch people fail, and then only call them the names they richly deserve....myself, would rather people succeeded and teach others from their knowledge.

What really makes me feel good (and I CAN say) .....drone pilots that do not degrade nor misuse a vehicle that is NOT a toy................like said groom did......the optics are just bad when you treat it like a toy!

............and the day drones started flying with the masses the optics where bad.... it could take years and years to recover from one idiot that made CNN and World new and National news.........but not one word about a guy that found some survivors on a house that was flooded out :(

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik