Recharging a partially discharged battery

Reaction score
My battery has the 2.6.0.0 firmware upgrade. I hadn't flown for several weeks and as expected, today I found the battery partially auto-discharged (I had left it fully charged several weeks ago). Pressing the button would light up 3 LEDs. Plugged it into the charger to top it off, and nothing happened. The battery LEDs did not light up during the attempting charging. The light on the charger was lit, and I tried disconnecting and reconnecting the battery several times. Left it plugged in a few hours but still only 3 LEDs. Flew with this battery anyway and it was at 71% when I started the P2V up. I flew it until I got to 15%. Plugged it into the charger and now everything acted normally. LEDs light up progressively more during charging (as normal), and when finished the LEDs went out. Pressing the button lights up all 4 now.
Is there some battery level threshold you must be below before the charging will begin?

MikeON said:
Is there some battery level threshold you must be below before the charging will begin?
There is - but I'm not sure what it is.
But if you ever want to top up a battery and it's not co-operating, connect it and then turn the battery on same as you do when you want to fly. That allows it to charge.

Yes. Happened to me. Above 75% you have to TURN ON THE BATT so that all lighs are lit Then charge

The DJI manual says the battery must be turned on first if it's over 75% charged.

I can tell you it drove me nuts until I figured it out...the I read the manual...big DUH!!!

I've re-read all sections of manual version 1.6 having to do with the battery or charger, and the Smart Flight Battery Safety Guidelines, and don't find anything about this issue. Must have been in a previous version.

The battery information starts at the bottom of page 7 in the 1.6 manual.

and speaking of batts...has anyone bought one of those wazoo "battery optimizers" they sell which is supposeded make them better, last longer?

msinger said:
The battery information starts at the bottom of page 7 in the 1.6 manual.
OK - finally figured this out. I have a Vision (not +) and the info is not in the Vision manual. Downloaded the Vision + manual today and there it is on page 9.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31