Rechargeable DJI Radio Transmitter Battery

Reaction score
Hi guys, found this cool product and i want to share with you, its a battery for the DJI Phantom transmitter, its a very handy thing to have.

8.99$ here: http://j.mp/1oCtlAb

Use "goodbg" cupon to get 5% discount.

OI Photography said:
Nice find! DJI is about to release an updated version of the P2V/V+ 5.8GHz controller with a rechargeable battery and some other goodies on it.

Yes i saw it, OI Photography. Ordered 3 of this batteries, this is great, i dont need to buy more non rechargable batteries, this is much better. :)

It's just another thing to keep swapping on your USB chargers though.
If you have rechargeable AA batteries they can be done once a month or so in their own cradle, and can be used in other things unlike this dedicated battery.
I wonder if it will have a short life if not stored at a certain level.

As far as battery technologies go I really don't understand the reason for using a LiPo in a low current demanding situation such as the transmitter. Far more suitable technologies are NiMh, NiCad, LiFe, Lion, as these are less likely to suffer damage if discharged below the theoretical 3.3Volt per cell. Only the other day I left my Taranis switched on in the boot (trunk) of my car by accident and completely discharged the 2000mAh Ni-Mh battery pack, it just meant I needed a much longer charge than
normal. If this had been a LiPo battery it would have needed some special treatment to bring back to life, and even then wouldn't have guaranteed a successful resurrection.

As for the Phantom transmitter, which only has a current draw of a few hundred milli-amps at most, AA cells are more than adequate. A set of reasonable 2900mAh Ni-Mh AA batteries are very cheap and last an age and don't have the inherent risks of LiPo's when taken out of their comfort zones.

Regards

Nidge

+1

Four new AA Alkaline cells are 6.0 volts, and the voltage goes down from there as they are used. This Lipo battery is rated at 7.4 volts, however they are 8.4v freshly charged and should be recharged before they get to 7.4v.

I don't know if the transmitter has a built in regulator (I doubt it), however I wouldn't use this battery pack because the transmitter was designed for 6 volts and constantly running it at higher voltage may damage it or shorten the life of the electrical components.

Additionally the Transmitter has a built in low voltage warning. I don't know what it is set at, but I'm sure it's significantly less than 6.0 volts. If a Lipo is run down to less than 3 volts/cell (6.0 in this case) you can damage the cells. If you're not paying attention and run it down to the low voltage warning you most likely have ruined the pack.

Definitely regulated.

Probably down to the 3.3v range.

Hi, i bought two packs of these nice transmitter lipos, but i did not buy the charger. Can it be charged from a standard usb charger? I plug the usb charger in, but there's no indicator or any sign of charging being in progress... Thank you!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20