Receiver module

Reaction score
If one powers the controller and the quad and fails to mount the ant. on the transmitter will it burn out the receiver module

Thanks Bob

Not knowing the specifics of DJI's design we can only generalize. I'll err to the conservative and say that brief periods are ok given the low power of these systems.
How brief? A couple of minutes is typical but again it depends on design.

No antenna mounted or a short are the same, nearly 100% power reflected back into the PA with only a phase difference between the two scenarios.
This causes the transistor to heat up and is the cause of damage. Chronic damage becomes accumulative and over time will reduce time to failure.

Other more sophisticated designs measure the SWR from a mismatch or module temperature and reduce power to protect the output section of the TX.

So if you caught the problem before excessive heating you'll be fine.

Not knowing the specifics of DJI's design we can only generalize. I'll err to the conservative and say that brief periods are ok given the low power of these systems.
How brief? A couple of minutes is typical but again it depends on design.

No antenna mounted or a short are the same, nearly 100% power reflected back into the PA with only a phase difference between the two scenarios.
This causes the transistor to heat up and is the cause of damage. Chronic damage becomes accumulative and over time will reduce time to failure.

Other more sophisticated designs measure the SWR from a mismatch or module temperature and reduce power to protect the output section of the TX.

So if you caught the problem before excessive heating you'll be fine.

This is not a DJI, it is a Hubsan 501S. After finding what I had done I installed the Ant. but have no picture on the moniter

Bob

Ok. I now see your title is a bit confusing. No antenna on a receiver is never a problem... other than no reception.
Not familiar with the 501S but the points I made are general and depend on design.

Sorry I can't be more specific but double check everything. If you feel all is correct you may have over heated your TX equipment.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20