Receiver light blinks 3 times then goes solid during pairing

Reaction score
Out of the blue my transmitter will no longer connect to my DJI Phantom 2. I try to hold down the pairing button on the bottom of my Phantom but as soon as I release the button it blinks maybe 3 times then goes solid red again. Is this a damaged receiver issue? Receiver is not VISUALLY damaged, please help. Motors will not turn on or anything

349cba5d3441a44d00a428b9100c399b.jpg
11c6229617707d5dc2c64f3d53f7753b.jpg
873ae7cfdd82481d382b7da61ea39063.jpg
f667d028a6f1d3050cfc39d44877fdb3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

349cba5d3441a44d00a428b9100c399b.jpg
11c6229617707d5dc2c64f3d53f7753b.jpg
873ae7cfdd82481d382b7da61ea39063.jpg
f667d028a6f1d3050cfc39d44877fdb3.jpg

One thing I noticed are the advanced IMU reading do not look good.

When you are trying bind the RC to the P2 do you have the RC unit turned no? When you turn on the the RC controller does the LED on the (P2) receiver turn green? When trying to bind RC to your P2 by holding down the button are you releasing it when the LED start flashing red?

Where do you live??

Reactions: Jake524
Yes I have the phantom on when binding but keep remote off. I hold the bind button and it continues blinking red when held down, but turns back to solid red when I let go of button. I have tried to bind multiple times using the Intructions given by DJI but as I understand the bond button is supposed to keep blinking red when let go. I have tried to bind while holding the button down as its blinking and also have tried when I let go (when it turns solid red). I live in Tennessee. My transmitter worked perfectly with my phantom until I turned it on one day after flying without any wrecks or crashes. I ordered a new receiver because it seems like many people have not seen this problem. It will only blink when held down but goes back to solid red when let go. If you know any suggestions it would help, Thanks

Btw Phantom was on couch and not completely level when connected to PT2 Assistant

Yes I have the phantom on when binding but keep remote off. I hold the bind button and it continues blinking red when held down, but turns back to solid red when I let go of button. I have tried to bind multiple times using the Intructions given by DJI but as I understand the bond button is supposed to keep blinking red when let go. I have tried to bind while holding the button down as its blinking and also have tried when I let go (when it turns solid red). I live in Tennessee. My transmitter worked perfectly with my phantom until I turned it on one day after flying without any wrecks or crashes. I ordered a new receiver because it seems like many people have not seen this problem. It will only blink when held down but goes back to solid red when let go. If you know any suggestions it would help, Thanks

When you try to bind or pair the RC controller to the P2 the controller has to be turned on. With the Controller turn off the LED will be red and when you turn it on the LED will turn green then to pair it hold down the button and release it when it starts flashing red.

Next with the props off see if you start the motors with both sticks down and to the center (CSC). If they startup then the controller is paired.

If you're still having problems I'll post my number in your personal messages and you'll see a red number next to the envelop.

Out of the blue my transmitter will no longer connect to my DJI Phantom 2. I try to hold down the pairing button on the bottom of my Phantom but as soon as I release the button it blinks maybe 3 times then goes solid red again. Is this a damaged receiver issue? Receiver is not VISUALLY damaged, please help. Motors will not turn on or anything

Hello Jake I have this same issues whatever you mansioned. One of the friend mansioned that this is the receiver issues. Once he changed the gps antena and then the receiver he got his back working. Trusting him I ordered same receiver (2.4 gig) from ebay. Hopefully it will work.

Hello ALL - i have same issue, let me know how the biding problem has been solved

Here are the binding instructions for the remote controller and P2. Please read them carefully.

Pairing controller.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20