Receiver controlled switch?

Reaction score
Looking for a way to control a spotlight I'm mounting on my Phantom. I want to switch the light off and on during flight maybe using the 7th channel if possible. I found a Turnigy Receiver Control Switch at HobbyKing and a Pico Switch R/C Relay ay Hobby Wireless that might fit the bill, but need help on how to wire to Phantom...if it will even work at all. Any ideas? Thanks.

weezilnut said:
Looking for a way to control a spotlight I'm mounting on my Phantom. I want to switch the light off and on during flight maybe using the 7th channel if possible. I found a Turnigy Receiver Control Switch at HobbyKing and a Pico Switch R/C Relay ay Hobby Wireless that might fit the bill, but need help on how to wire to Phantom...if it will even work at all. Any ideas? Thanks.

I imagine the only way to do so would be some kind of servo controlled switch (connected to the f2), then you'd have to use the 7th lever to control it.
.and then the power you'd have to tap from the aux power cord or tap into the main battery

Hi!

Did you figure out how to do this?

I have just bought the turnigy receiver controlled switch which looks like it will be perfect for the job. I asked for some help on here but no one has replied yet :(
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3636

There is a lot of this exact sort of lighting used in surface R/C, especially 1/10 scale off-road builds. I'm sure if you asked the same question on one of those forums you'd get a lot of suggestions.
The surface guys use setups like headlights, roof light bars, spotlights, etc. regularly, so they will give you a bunch of ideas

Thanks for your reply. However I think the problem is to do with the way it is connected to the Naza FC thus surface r/c people wont be able to help.

Ill keep scouring the internet though and hopefully come up with a solution.

Thanks again

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20